1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Hasse Diagram of Non-Isomorphic Lattices

1. Sep 5, 2016 #1
    1. The problem statement, all variables and given/known data
    There are 15 non-isomorphic lattices on six elements. List them in the form of Hasse diagrams. Among these, identify the seven lattices that are self-dual.

2. Relevant equations
    None required here.

3. The attempt at a solution
    Hasse diagram are made to represent a poset( partially ordered set) or a lattice.
    Posets are set which follow the relationship of reflexive, anti-symmetric and transitivity on its elements.
    Lattice are posets in which every two elements must have a unique least upper bound or unique greatest lower bound.
    non - isomorphic lattices are non- similar lattices. Self dual to me in simple terms means when we invert a hasse diagram, it's orientation is same.

In the image below I don't know how the 15 lattices with 6 elements are drawn with logic.
    20160905_220120.jpg
    Here I found a link from net.
    http://math.chapman.edu/~jipsen/mathposters/lattices7.pdf

2. jcsd
  3. Sep 10, 2016 #2
    Thanks for the thread! This is an automated courtesy bump. Sorry you aren't generating responses at the moment. Do you have any further information, come to any new conclusions or is it possible to reword the post? The more details the better.

4. Sep 11, 2016 #3
    Can you move it to appropriate Maths Homework section subforum? This was a problem in engineering mathematics related to computer science.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?
Draft saved Draft deleted