Have a crush on the postdoc in lab

In summary, a person is infatuated with a guy in their lab who is extremely good looking and calm. They also have a fear of discussing research ideas with others in case they steal them. Other users advise them to focus on their work and not get too caught up in their infatuation. They also suggest discussing ideas in a functional way and being aware of others potentially stealing ideas. The conversation also touches on the idea that one's research ideas may not be as great as they initially thought.
I've been trying to put myself off him cos he's taken... its kind of working. but today I saw him standing there with that look on his face... like looking for something expectantly. looking at me. I don't know what he's looking for.

Physics news on Phys.org
nucleargirl said:
I've been trying to put myself off him cos he's taken... its kind of working. but today I saw him standing there with that look on his face... like looking for something expectantly. looking at me. I don't know what he's looking for.

Be prepared! Load your guns, don't allow him to take you down! :biggrin:

Ignore it. :)

I don't want to... like all day, whenever I see him all I want is to see him smile...
so when I talk to him I feel so boring cos I think I'm boring him...
I feel super boring now. I'm afraid of presenting at the group meeting because he will be there. I'm afraid of looking super stupid in front of him.
and I'm scared other people will notice me staring at him. so embarrassing.

I wish I was fun, and always know the right things to say, and interesting.
I wish I was more easy-going.

nucleargirl said:
He might have picked up on your attraction to him and be afraid of you.

My advice? Leave him alone, forget about him and get back to your job.