Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Have I been banned?

1. Dec 27, 2004 #1
    I don't know what's going on, but everytime I try to go into a post in the technology-software forum my IE closes. It doesn't just close one window either it closes every one.

2. jcsd
  3. Dec 27, 2004 #2
    Sounds like it, just post it somewhere else and get it moved there.

4. Dec 27, 2004 #3
    But I'm tribdog.

5. Dec 27, 2004 #4
    lol, I haven't done anything to get banned something is messed up

6. Dec 27, 2004 #5

Moonbear

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

You wouldn't be able to post here either if you were banned. Besides, if you were, you'd have gotten warnings first. It's probably IE causing the trouble. I finally switched browsers at work because I'd get weird glitches with IE when posting. Folks around these parts highly recommend either Firefox or Mozilla. Over in the feedback forum, there's a thread that includes a site to download one of those.

7. Dec 27, 2004 #6
    You haven't been banned, likey an IE error. Take moonbear's suggestion. getfirefox.com

8. Dec 27, 2004 #7

russ_watters

Staff: Mentor

[hands on hips, chin up, head cocked to the side] I'm Batman!

I get periodic IE crashes as well - it seems to happen only when I hit "submit" after writing a particularly long post! :surprised Fortunately, the post usually goes through.

9. Dec 27, 2004 #8

Kerrie

Staff Emeritus
    Gold Member

i love firefox, IE truly sucks.

10. Dec 27, 2004 #9
    I saw it more as: "I'm gumby, dammit!"

11. Dec 29, 2004 #10
    Okay, I've got Firefox. I go to the Software Forum. I can see all the topics. I click on a topic. Then I'm staring at my desktop. the browser just disappears I can't read anything in there and have to restart my browser everytime I try.

12. Dec 29, 2004 #11

Gokul43201

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

When you visit the software forums, do you tend to rest your elbows on ALT and F4 ?

13. Dec 29, 2004 #12

Astronuc

Staff: Mentor

Maybe you have a corrupted cookie or session cookie. Logout and/or deleted PF cookie in the cookie folder, and then log back in, and see if you still have the problem.

Also, clean out temporary internet files.

14. Dec 29, 2004 #13
    I'll try that now. If it doesn't work and I don't return give my half of the mine to Moonbear and feed my mule.

15. Dec 29, 2004 #14

Monique

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

he just actually might :rolleyes:

16. Dec 29, 2004 #15
    et tu Brute
    wow. I expected it from Gokul, but you too?

17. Dec 29, 2004 #16

Monique

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

sorry tribdog o:)

18. Dec 29, 2004 #17

Moonbear

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Oh, great, I probably just inherited a drafty old mineshaft full of gases ready to explode, and on top of that, I have to feed a mule. :grumpy: I think tribdog is getting the better end of things here.

19. Dec 29, 2004 #18
    you don't have to feed the mule. I was letting Astronuc keep Heidi Flopears. I don't think putting you and Heidi in the same room is wise, not since the winter of '03 incident. When I was snowed in for 3 months with no one to talk to except for Heidi.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?