Have I been banned?

• Thread starter tribdog
  • Start date
I don't know what's going on, but everytime I try to go into a post in the technology-software forum my IE closes. It doesn't just close one window either it closes every one.

Sounds like it, just post it somewhere else and get it moved there.

But I'm tribdog.

lol, I haven't done anything to get banned something is messed up

Moonbear

Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
You wouldn't be able to post here either if you were banned. Besides, if you were, you'd have gotten warnings first. It's probably IE causing the trouble. I finally switched browsers at work because I'd get weird glitches with IE when posting. Folks around these parts highly recommend either Firefox or Mozilla. Over in the feedback forum, there's a thread that includes a site to download one of those.

You haven't been banned, likey an IE error. Take moonbear's suggestion. getfirefox.com

russ_watters

Mentor
tribdog said:
But I'm tribdog.
[hands on hips, chin up, head cocked to the side] I'm Batman!

I get periodic IE crashes as well - it seems to happen only when I hit "submit" after writing a particularly long post! :surprised Fortunately, the post usually goes through.

Kerrie

Staff Emeritus
Gold Member
i love firefox, IE truly sucks.

russ_watters said:
[hands on hips, chin up, head cocked to the side] I'm Batman!
I saw it more as: "I'm gumby, dammit!"

Okay, I've got Firefox. I go to the Software Forum. I can see all the topics. I click on a topic. Then I'm staring at my desktop. the browser just disappears I can't read anything in there and have to restart my browser everytime I try.

Gokul43201

Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
When you visit the software forums, do you tend to rest your elbows on ALT and F4 ?

Astronuc

Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Maybe you have a corrupted cookie or session cookie. Logout and/or deleted PF cookie in the cookie folder, and then log back in, and see if you still have the problem.

Also, clean out temporary internet files.

I'll try that now. If it doesn't work and I don't return give my half of the mine to Moonbear and feed my mule.

Monique

Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
Gokul43201 said:
When you visit the software forums, do you tend to rest your elbows on ALT and F4 ?
he just actually might :rolleyes:

et tu Brute
wow. I expected it from Gokul, but you too?

Monique

Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
sorry tribdog o:)

Moonbear

Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
tribdog said:
I'll try that now. If it doesn't work and I don't return give my half of the mine to Moonbear and feed my mule.
Oh, great, I probably just inherited a drafty old mineshaft full of gases ready to explode, and on top of that, I have to feed a mule. :grumpy: I think tribdog is getting the better end of things here.

Moonbear said:
Oh, great, I probably just inherited a drafty old mineshaft full of gases ready to explode, and on top of that, I have to feed a mule. :grumpy: I think tribdog is getting the better end of things here.
you don't have to feed the mule. I was letting Astronuc keep Heidi Flopears. I don't think putting you and Heidi in the same room is wise, not since the winter of '03 incident. When I was snowed in for 3 months with no one to talk to except for Heidi.