Have I Been Banned? Tech-Software Forum Issue

• Thread starter tribdog
  • Start date
In summary: I was letting Astronuc keep Heidi Flopears. I don't think putting you and Heidi in the same room is wise, not since the winter of '03 incident.
tribdog
I don't know what's going on, but everytime I try to go into a post in the technology-software forum my IE closes. It doesn't just close one window either it closes every one.

Physics news on Phys.org
Sounds like it, just post it somewhere else and get it moved there.

But I'm tribdog.

lol, I haven't done anything to get banned something is messed up

You wouldn't be able to post here either if you were banned. Besides, if you were, you'd have gotten warnings first. It's probably IE causing the trouble. I finally switched browsers at work because I'd get weird glitches with IE when posting. Folks around these parts highly recommend either Firefox or Mozilla. Over in the feedback forum, there's a thread that includes a site to download one of those.

You haven't been banned, likey an IE error. Take moonbear's suggestion. getfirefox.com

tribdog said:
But I'm tribdog.
[hands on hips, chin up, head cocked to the side] I'm Batman!

I get periodic IE crashes as well - it seems to happen only when I hit "submit" after writing a particularly long post! Fortunately, the post usually goes through.

i love firefox, IE truly sucks.

russ_watters said:
[hands on hips, chin up, head cocked to the side] I'm Batman!
I saw it more as: "I'm gumby, dammit!"

Okay, I've got Firefox. I go to the Software Forum. I can see all the topics. I click on a topic. Then I'm staring at my desktop. the browser just disappears I can't read anything in there and have to restart my browser everytime I try.

When you visit the software forums, do you tend to rest your elbows on ALT and F4 ?

Maybe you have a corrupted cookie or session cookie. Logout and/or deleted PF cookie in the cookie folder, and then log back in, and see if you still have the problem.

Also, clean out temporary internet files.

I'll try that now. If it doesn't work and I don't return give my half of the mine to Moonbear and feed my mule.

Gokul43201 said:
When you visit the software forums, do you tend to rest your elbows on ALT and F4 ?
he just actually might :rolleyes:

et tu Brute
wow. I expected it from Gokul, but you too?

sorry tribdog o:)

tribdog said:
I'll try that now. If it doesn't work and I don't return give my half of the mine to Moonbear and feed my mule.

Oh, great, I probably just inherited a drafty old mineshaft full of gases ready to explode, and on top of that, I have to feed a mule. :grumpy: I think tribdog is getting the better end of things here.

Moonbear said:
Oh, great, I probably just inherited a drafty old mineshaft full of gases ready to explode, and on top of that, I have to feed a mule. :grumpy: I think tribdog is getting the better end of things here.
you don't have to feed the mule. I was letting Astronuc keep Heidi Flopears. I don't think putting you and Heidi in the same room is wise, not since the winter of '03 incident. When I was snowed in for 3 months with no one to talk to except for Heidi.

1. What does it mean if I receive a message saying "You have been banned" on the tech-software forum?

If you receive a message saying "You have been banned" on the tech-software forum, it means that your account has been restricted from accessing the forum. This could be due to a violation of the forum's terms of service or community guidelines.

2. How do I know if I have been banned from the tech-software forum?

If you have been banned from the tech-software forum, you will receive a message stating that you have been banned when you try to access the forum. You may also notice that you are unable to login or post on the forum.

3. Can I appeal a ban from the tech-software forum?

Yes, you can appeal a ban from the tech-software forum. Most forums have a process in place for appealing bans. This may involve contacting the forum moderators or administrators and providing an explanation for your ban. Keep in mind that not all bans can be appealed and it is up to the discretion of the forum moderators.

4. How long do bans on the tech-software forum typically last?

The duration of a ban on the tech-software forum can vary depending on the severity of the violation and the forum's policies. Some bans may be temporary and last for a few days or weeks, while others may be permanent. It is best to check the forum's guidelines or contact the moderators for more information on the specific ban duration.

5. Can I create a new account if I have been banned from the tech-software forum?

Creating a new account after being banned from the tech-software forum is not recommended. This is considered ban evasion and can result in further consequences. It is best to follow the forum's appeal process or reach out to the moderators for assistance instead of creating a new account.