Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Have I stumbled upon free energy?

1. Dec 9, 2005 #1

Pengwuino

Gold Member

[​IMG]

Probably not but this thing supposedly works just by throwing water or fruit juices or coffee or beer into it. I'm going to see how it works and then smash it open and see what makes this sucker work. Hopefully I'm not going to stumble upon a cyclinder that says "Free Energy source" and then smash that open to find a D-cell battery in it :rolleyes:

Oh and its a clock guys if you couldn't tell by the missile shaped appearence.

Last edited: Dec 9, 2005
  2. jcsd
  3. Dec 9, 2005 #2

Danger

Gold Member

What the bloody hell is it supposed to do? :confused:

4. Dec 9, 2005 #3
    Yep, that's obviously a perpetual motion machine. Congratulations. This should set the scientific world on it's ear.

5. Dec 9, 2005 #4

Pengwuino

Gold Member

oops i forgot, its a digital clock

6. Dec 9, 2005 #5
    Free energy? Ohh, please. Many people tried, but thermodynamics never (or hardly) fail, so energy can't be lost or created. Ok, I guess you knew that already. Excuse me, because I am rather new to these forums.

Anyway, I know that kind of thing. They are sometimes sold as "Coca-Cola Clocks" or something. You basically pour something in, and the clock starts working. I guess it is some sort of redox reaction, but I haven't done that yet in class, so I am not altogether sure.

7. Dec 9, 2005 #6

Pengwuino

Gold Member

Well they say "only electrolytic" fluids so I'm pretty sure its just a chemical reaction. I wanna see what kinda power this baby produces however. If its like, .5V... i'll bury it in the ground with a bomb.

8. Dec 9, 2005 #7
    free energy AND a time machine. Bonus!!

9. Dec 9, 2005 #8
    lol, don't tell me you've never made a potato clock.

10. Dec 9, 2005 #9

Pengwuino

Gold Member

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

11. Dec 9, 2005 #10

matthyaouw

Gold Member

It's free energy if someone else pays for the clock, and the stuff that you put in it.

12. Dec 9, 2005 #11

Pengwuino

Gold Member

never :cool:

I need a high efficiency potato

13. Dec 9, 2005 #12

Pengwuino

Gold Member

Not if i steal both... gosh you scientists are too close minded :tongue2:

14. Dec 9, 2005 #13
    Now tell me why they teach me redox in chemistry class? As far as I know is redox quite basic. No, I do not completely understand it, but in three months I (hopefully) will.

15. Dec 9, 2005 #14

Pengwuino

Gold Member

Don't ask me, im not a chemicalist (thats my new name for chemists).

16. Dec 9, 2005 #15

Danger

Gold Member

Maybe there's a little turbine generator in there, like a mini-Niagara. Do you have to keep pouring stuff in, or can you stop? :tongue:

17. Dec 9, 2005 #16
    LOL! That would need an extremely efficient engine though, since you can't pour it in too fast. That would make you spill the stuff ->short circuit

18. Dec 9, 2005 #17

Danger

Gold Member

True... and one would have to wonder where the exhaust goes.

19. Dec 9, 2005 #18
    Maybe it runs down that little tube plugged into the wall behind it...wait a minute

20. Dec 9, 2005 #19
    Does it say you may have to replace the fluid periodically?

21. Dec 9, 2005 #20
    Every 8 seconds. Free energy takes a bit of work

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?