Have You Heard of the State of Enlightenment?

• Thread starter quasar987
  • Start date
  • Tags
    News
In summary, the conversation discussed the concept of enlightenment and whether or not it is a commonly known state. Some participants mentioned specific religions or practices, while others were unsure of what it entailed. The conversation also touched on the idea of dualism and personal beliefs. However, due to the religious aspect of the topic, it was not allowed for further discussion.

Have you heard of Enlightenment?

• No.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Yes, but I don't believe in it.

• Yes, and I believe it is a reality.

• Total voters
quasar987
Science Advisor
Homework Helper
Gold Member
Have ye heard the good news? :)

Out of curiosity, I am interested to know how many of you fine folks have heard about the existence of the state of Enlightenment (aka Self-Realization, aka One-Mind). I myself am 28 and I have heard of it only recently and I am amazed that it is not more common knowledge.

I have made the poll "private" in the sense that we don't get to see who answered what.

Feel free to post any comment explaining your answer, I would appreciate that.

Last edited:
Physics news on Phys.org

Is this that 51st state they've been talking about lately in the US?

In what sense do you mean, Hinduism, Buddism? We don't discuss specifics of religion here and we don't discuss new age mysticism.

Pengwuino said:

lol, what??

Pengwuino said:

You're thinking of the Land of Enchantment, it's already a state - the 47th, in fact.

I Googled those terms and came up with nothing specific. Opening post is too vague.

Evo said:
In what sense do you mean, Hinduism, Buddism? We don't discuss specifics of religion here and we don't discuss new age mysticism.

In the sense of the physical phenomenon that such a state is possible to be realized in a human being. I certainly did not mean to get religion involved.

Someone has found PF's booze stash

quasar987 said:
Out of curiosity, I am interested to know how many of you fine folks have heard about the existence of the state of Enlightenment (aka Self-Realization, aka One-Mind). I myself am 28 and I have heard of it only recently and I am amazed that it is not more common knowledge.

I have made the poll "private" in the sense that we don't get to see who answered what.

Feel free to post any comment explaining your answer, I would appreciate that.

If you don't underestimate or deny dualism, enlightenment is sure on your way. Even though you are not completely satisfied following a particular practice, choice of lifestyle or behaviors, the side-effects or contradictory parts of the outcome would benefit in one way or the other in the long run, that is what I define my own meaning of 'enlightenment', which is probably not scientific and is inadvisable to follow.

Since this involves religion, we can't allow it.

1. What does "have ye heard the good news" mean?

"Have ye heard the good news" is a phrase often used by religious groups to ask if someone has heard about the teachings of their faith or if they have accepted their beliefs.

2. Who typically asks "have ye heard the good news"?

This phrase is commonly used by members of religious organizations or individuals who are trying to spread their faith to others.

3. Is there a specific religion associated with "have ye heard the good news"?

While the phrase is often used by Christians, it can be used by members of any religion or spiritual belief system to inquire about someone's knowledge or acceptance of their teachings.

4. What is the purpose of asking "have ye heard the good news"?

The purpose of asking this question is to spread awareness and possibly encourage others to learn more about a particular religion or faith.

5. How should I respond if someone asks me "have ye heard the good news"?

You can respond in whichever way you feel comfortable. If you are interested in learning more about the religion being discussed, you can ask questions or express your interest. If you are not interested, you can politely decline and thank the person for sharing with you.