Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Have you ever been to

1. Nov 29, 2004 #1
    I was looking at all the different forums we've got here and I'll bet I've never been in about half of them. Might have to do a little bit of surfing in PF. Have you checked them all out?

2. jcsd
  3. Nov 29, 2004 #2

matthyaouw

Gold Member

I often find myself in way over my head if I set foot outside of Biology or Earth sciences, so I tend to stay in there most of the time.

I'd love to have a read through some of the stuff on here, but the chances of me understanding or having the time to view it are minimal. So much information, so little time...

Last edited: Nov 29, 2004
  4. Nov 29, 2004 #3
    I've looked through Biology and Social Sciences (IQ threads) from time to time, and occassionally browse General Physics and Philosophy.

5. Nov 29, 2004 #4

jimmy p

Gold Member

I stick with GD but occasionally browse the non- sciency ones

6. Nov 29, 2004 #5

Ba

I usually just look at the new posts and go for the interesting ones. Sometimes though there are none and then I have to go browsing.

7. Nov 29, 2004 #6
    I haven't been in them all. I check the homework ones mainly, then the general discussion and sometimes the classical physics, general astronomy/cosmology and software forums. Never gonna look at the politics subforum, cos that stuff is just boring IMO.

8. Nov 29, 2004 #7
    General, Biology, Social Sciences, Homework K-12, Academic and Career Guidance, General Philosophy, Value Theory, and Politics and World Affairs.

Those are the boards I usually browse, I occasionally wander off into the other ones.

9. Nov 29, 2004 #8

Moonbear

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

I've browsed all the major categories, but haven't gotten into all the subforums yet. Once in a while something catches my eye when I'm reading the index that lures me into a forum I don't usually explore. Sadly, though, what attracts me into a lot of those other forums are the complaints from the crackpots in feedback about locked posts; I'm too curious to not go look, and it's always worth it in sheer entertainment value!

10. Nov 29, 2004 #9

Gokul43201

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

I rarely visit Astronomy, Philosophy or Technology.

11. Nov 29, 2004 #10

Moonbear

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

After reading this post today, I decided to peruse some of the forums I never visit and try to read one post. I found an interesting one about microwaving, well, anything you can get your hands on, by Math Is Hard and Gokul in the Atoms, Molecules & Solids Forum. :rofl: But, then I just stopped. I couldn't talk myself into reading things like Number Theory. I've been following the development of the electric butter knife in the engineering forums too. Who knew buttering toast was so complicated! :biggrin: I'm awaiting pictures from the science fair. There have been a few other engineering threads that have caught my attention in the past, like trying to pump water uphill without a pump, or something like that. I have nothing to contribute to those threads, I just like reading along (I'm sure my answer of, get a couple of buckets, some good friends and plenty of beer, wouldn't have been terribly appreciated).

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?