Have you found what you are good at?

• Thread starter completenoob
  • Start date
In summary: It just doesn't feel like it's what I'm supposed to do with my life at the moment. You should always listen to your gut and do what feels right to you.In summary, if you feel like you are not good at your current major, you might want to consider switching to something that you are better at.
completenoob
Ok, you maybe in college with some major and are 3rd/4th year into it[can't turn back]. Does this major actually reflect what you are good at in life? Have you found out what you are good at yet?

Physics news on Phys.org
You are good at whatever you have worked to get good at.

I never really thought about it. I asked my mother what I'm good at and she said everything. That's doesn't really nail anything down, so I asked my wife and kids. It turns out that I am good at making people laugh.

jimmysnyder said:
It turns out that I am good at making people laugh.

Funny ha ha?

maze said:
You are good at whatever you have worked to get good at.

Well said.

Some people are just born with natural talents. For example, I have always been able to make wicked awesome robots out of legos and never worked to "get good" at it.

You name it I'm good at it.Sorry,I lie but I am good at one thing,chronic flatulence.

Dadface said:
You name it I'm good at it.

I'm just the opposite. You name it, I'm bad at it.

But, boy am I good at all the unnamed things. A horse with no name? Man, am I ever great at that!

Topher925 said:
Some people are just born with natural talents.
Some people got it and some people don't. They tell me I'm full of it.

I'm a Computer Science Engineering major and I'm doubting if I'm in the right major... lately I have been struggling a lot with my CS classes and physics...
I'm teaching myself acoustic guitar during the little time I have for the past 2 months and a couple of days ago I decided to learn a couple of songs and post them right away on YouTube as part of a project for one class.
Check it out:

Should I switch major? lol

Last edited by a moderator:
I have a MS in physics, but currently work for a social science organization. I heard it said that nowadays people work at five different occupations in their lifetime.

I still love physics.

1. What does it mean to be "good" at something?

Being "good" at something means that you have a natural aptitude or talent for a particular skill or activity. It also means that you have developed the necessary knowledge and expertise to excel in that area.

2. How do I know what I am good at?

There are a few ways to determine what you are good at. You can reflect on your interests and passions, take personality and aptitude tests, seek feedback from others, and try out different activities to see what comes naturally to you.

3. Can I be good at multiple things?

Absolutely! Many people have a diverse set of talents and skills. It is possible to excel in multiple areas, and in fact, having a range of strengths can be beneficial in various aspects of life.

4. Is there an age limit to finding what I am good at?

No, there is no age limit to finding what you are good at. Some people may discover their talents and passions at a young age, while others may not find them until later in life. It is never too late to explore and develop your skills.

5. Can I change what I am good at?

While we all have natural strengths, it is also possible to develop new skills and abilities. With dedication, practice, and determination, you can improve and excel in areas that you may not have been naturally good at before.