Have you tried hypnotism/does it work?

• Thread starter ninar
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Work
In summary: It may not seem like these thing will happen to you but its quit possible. I have a friend who is quite intelligent a grad student. He is an alcoholic. He has cheated on multiple girlfriends while drunk. He has injured himself in many various fashions and has several permanent scars. He has set his hair on fire and laughed about it. He was kicked out of grad student housing for making too much noise, doing too much damage to the unit, pissing off all of his roomies, and having the police called on him too many times. And these are all things that happened when he still mostly had control of the

The real question here I think is this: "Am I an alcoholic? And if so, how can I tell?" Answer: Page 31 of the 'Big Book' of Alcoholics Anonymous gives us clear instruction how to determine if you are an alcoholic:
"We do not like to pronounce any individual as alcoholic, but you can quickly diagnose yourself. Step over to the nearest barroom and try some CONTROLLED drinking. Try to drink and stop abruptly. Try it more than once. It will not take long for you to decide, if you are honest with yourself about it. It may be worth a bad case of jitters if you get a full knowledge of your condition."

Physics news on Phys.org

The OP isn't an alcoholic... he doesn't have to drink if he doesn't want to. We have already estabished that. He's just trying to stop being a pain in the arse when he is boshed.

im a girl :P i wonder, even if i don't drink is that thing going to stay with me forever inside my mind?

What thing? The texting... no. Just don't to it, if you feel the need give your phone to a friend, easy peasy.