Have you visit a country before?

• Thread starter angel 42
  • Start date
In summary: I'm not sure if any of the contestants were Italian).In summary, the person has visited 14 countries, 3 of which are in Europe, 4 in America, and 1 in Asia. They've also visited Mexico, Canada, and Italy. They mention that they've visited Egypt and Chile, but don't remember doing so. They lost their cell phone in Italy, but were able to get it back. They were better at the Italian version of "Who Wants to Be a Millionaire" than most of the contestants.
angel 42
have you visit a country before??

Hello everyone, here's a simple question for you how many countries have you visited so far?:cool: and what experience did you earn , what's the most thing you like there. And if you don't, which one would you like to visit?:rolleyes:

Physics news on Phys.org
Europe = 14
Americas = 3
Asia = 4
This job has a lot of travel, but always to the same places!

Last edited:
Argentina = born there and lived there for 4 yrs. — then went back and lived there for 3 more yrs. — I learned that I want to live in a rich country.

Israel = lived there for 6 years — I learned that I want to live in a rich country where you're not likely to die any minute

U.S.A = lived there 2 months — I learned that I want to live in a rich country where I have legal status

Canada = lived here 7 years — beer?

apparently I've visited egypt and chile, but I don't really remember doing so... then again, I forgot how to speak Hebrew; it just sounds like gibberish to me now, so so much for my long-term memory.

moe darklight said:
... — I learned that I want to live in a rich country.

...— I learned that I want to live in a rich country where you're not likely to die any minute

...— I learned that I want to live in a rich country where I have legal status

man you must be rich:biggrin:

if by rich you mean not rich. then yes. yes I sure am.

Mexico, Canada, and Italy. I at least got to hang around the airport in the Azores and Germany.

Not speaking Italian is a big disadvantage.

It's amazing how proud of yourself you can be just for buying a railroad ticket, riding the train into a busy city (Milan), and managing to walk from the train station to someone's apartment. Well, at least until you get to that street and look for 16, but 18 is next door to 14 with the only thing in between a driveway that leads to a parking lot in the back. Finding an unnumbered apartment building in the back of the parking lot was an unexpected complication, especially trying to talk to the doorman in Italian. Even if you can figure out what you want to say in Italian, you're flustered at an entire building just being missing and when you get to the number 16, you say it in English instead of Italian and he has no idea what you're talking about. He finally got help from a couple of residents that happened to be on their way out. They didn't speak English either, but immediately figured out who I was looking for - there was only one couple in the building that didn't speak Italian - I must be related to them somehow (my sister and her husband had just moved to Italy about 3 weeks before I visited).

If you've spent an eternity preparing your speech to order a stamp for a post card (well, at least a couple minutes, anyway), don't stand there like a deer in the headlights when he starts rattling off a bunch of questions at you - you probably forgot there's a variety of pictures you can choose from for your stamps.

Having raised your literacy from a 1-year-old level to a two-year-old level, if you start out 15 kilometers from an 3300 meter mountain and get lost looking for it and need to ask directions, between what he says and his body language, you can probably figure out what he means - for the gaps, just "Feel the force, Luke". Yeah, I know, if you can't find a 3300 meter mountain from 15 kilometers away on your own, things are pretty hopeless regardless of the language you speak - you had to be there; it was raining; it was raining real hard; and I was the only one who spoke even a smidgeon of Italian; so I had to get out of the damn van in the middle of hail storm and go ask for directions.

If you lose a cell phone, there's a good chance the person finding it is honest enough to give you directions on how to retrieve it, but if you don't speak Italian and can't see his body language, it's going to be a long conversation. But we did get it back.

Ordering a fuse with the correct amperage in an electrical shop with absolutely no complications is pretty cool.

Almost all of the restaraunts have the TV on. I found out that even not speaking Italian, I was better at the Italian version of "Who Wants to Be a Millionaire" than most of the contestants (or most of the patrons of the restaraunt).

The country roads have speed limits of 30 - 30 kilometers per hour, not 30 miles per hour. That's because you may come around a corner to find the road blocked by livestock. Or worse yet, someone standing on a ladder with the base of the ladder out in the road just around a blind corner. You drive around in Italy and get the feeling some people just want to die.

In Italy, if you drive down the center line of the highway, traffic in both directions moves over and stays out of your way. It's especially fun to do this if you're driving a general to the airport. It's kind of a test to see if he leaves fingernail prints in the dashboard. (I was a Master Sergeant and retiring in 6 months, so I could get away with things like that). In other words, you realize that in Italy people drive their cars - which is a lot safer than the US where people's cars are a portable apartment/office where they conduct their phone conversations, fix their make-up and hair, dance to their favorite hip-hop tune, and even watch DVDs - all while cruising 50 mph through the intersections. If automatic transmissions were banned in the US, traffic fatalities would plummet.

If you've gone four-wheeling in the rental car, make sure some of the other members in the group use the car after you. With any luck, they'll roll it and the damage will be so bad no one will notice you took it four-wheeling first.

Always feed the cats. I'm not sure why, since it seems they have a real overpopulation problem with cats, but, then again, why not. They're not that bad to have around.

Last edited:
Europe = 12
N America = 3
Asia/Pacific = 3
Australia/NZ

The job has a lot of travel, but often to the same places!

I have invitations to a lot more. I just need to find the time.

I've lived in several, visited many more. All in Europe, Africa and North America though. They're cool. I miss Europe.

angel 42 said:
Hello everyone, here's a simple question for you how many countries have you visited so far?:cool: and what experience did you earn , what's the most thing you like there. And if you don't, which one would you like to visit?:rolleyes:

lets figuer out who's the cliver here

I'm very provincial and although I have traveled extensively throughout the Eastern US, I have only visited Nova Scotia, New Brunswick, Quebec Province, and Ontario. I've got to say that the Canadian women are more forward than those in the US, and more fun on average. I've been "adopted" by bilingual Quebec ladies on a trip to Winter Carnival and on another trip with a bunch of bikers, and both times it was a blast. I can follow just enough French to catch the tone and thrust of a conversation, but when you fall in with a crowd that uses a lot of inside usages of words or innuendo, it's Katie, bar the door. You need someone close and whispering in your ear to follow that and stay engaged.

Americas, 5.5 (Aruba Bahams isn't country...), Europe 10. Most of those were with the Navy.

Europe = 3

Americas = 2

Asia = 2

Those countries would be France, Italy, Monaco, Japan, Thailand, US & Mexico. All for pleasure, not work.

Canada, United States, Cuba, England, France, Italy, Most of the Carribean Islands. The best by far is Canada.

I've been to England (obviously), Wales, Scotland, France, Spain, Greece, Germany and the US; all on holidays! I love the states, and will probably move there at some point in the future (although I've only visited one state!)

Colombia (family there), Mexico, US, Canada, UK, France, Switzerland, Italy.

Well, I live in Canada so USA counts as one. I've been to England, Germany, France, Spain, Italy, Switzerland, Denmark, Greece, Egypt and Morocco. My parents are active tourists.

Last edited:
cristo said:
I've been to England (obviously), Wales, Scotland, France, Spain, Greece, Germany and the US; all on holidays! I love the states, and will probably move there at some point in the future (although I've only visited one state!)

Let me guess, NY?

glondor said:
Canada, United States, Cuba, England, France, Italy, Most of the Carribean Islands. The best by far is Canada.

Now, I am Canadian but I think you're in the minority with that opinion... a minority that excludes even myself.

Werg22 said:
Let me guess, NY?

Nope; IL.

zoobyshoe said:
lets figuer out who's the cliver here

Cliver little physicis can't answer simple Q!

Chi Meson said:
Cliver little physicis can't answer simple Q!

what the ... if you have something to share or don't let your fingers get tired typing this
and thaks for the -joke-:yuck:

Let's see, US, Canada, England, Malaysia, Indonesia, Philippines, Japan, Hong Kong, Singapore, Taiwan (can we consider that as a country even if China disagree?) ... and that's about it. I'm hoping to do Norway, Sweden, and Italy in the next few years.

Zz.

for me, I've been in UK for 6 years, USA for 5 yrs, KSA ((my home)),Dubai-3, Oman-2, and some other countries but for a few days...the most Unforgettable thing that hapened was the good friends I have, and they are all from different nationalities it's really something nice ... I don't know if words can describe it but the only thing I can say you remember the base of your self that you are a ((human)) before any thing else:smile:

Been to most US states, Mexico, Canada, US Virgin Islands, England, Holland, Germany, Italy, Austria, France, Monaco, Switzerland, Lichtenstein.

I'll join the bragging list :wink: I hadn't visited any countries when I was a kid, we had too many pets that needed to be taken care of. Countries I've visited: Italy, Germany, Belgium, Austria, France, Greece, England, US and Canada. Italy was the most fun (Dolomites and Sardinia).

Last edited:
what about the things you like most there

angel 42 said:
what about the things you like most there
Of the places I've lived, the best things are:
London - the variety of buildings, shops, things to do.
Cambridge - bookshops, beer
LA - the ocean
Yorkshire - scenery(dales), chips, beer
N. Ireland - the people
Vancouver - scenery(mountains), lifestyle/attitude

The best thing in Italy was the food. The best things in Mexico (Carribean side) were the beaches and ocean.

Japan and Thailand was the culture and historical sites.

France, the Louvre.

Monaco, hmmmm, the palace was too modern.

mgb_phys said:
Of the places I've lived, the best things are:
London - the variety of buildings, shops, things to do...

yeah... I really miss it:tongue:

Sweden, Norway, Finland, Denmark, Estonia, GB, Germany, Belgium, France, Monaco, Switzerland, Lichtenstein, Austria, Italy, San Marino, Greece, Thailand, Malaysia, Singapore, USA, Mexico.

That should sum up to 16 European, 3 Asian and 2 North American countries.

What I have learned?
Mainly that people really aren't that different (especially kids).

Places I will try to visit soon include New York, Australia and New Zeeland.
I would also like to go to China, Iran, Brazil, Canada, Cook Islands and Japan.

When it comes to cities where I would like to live nothing so far beats Stockholm (yes, that's honestly), although Copenhagen, Berlin, Vienna, Milan and San Francisco would definitely work too...

Last edited:

1. Have you ever visited a country before?

Yes, I have visited multiple countries for research and conferences.

2. What countries have you visited before?

I have visited multiple countries in Europe, Asia, and North America.

3. How many countries have you visited?

I have visited a total of 10 countries so far.

4. What was your favorite country to visit?

It's hard to choose just one, but I really enjoyed my time in Japan for its unique culture and advanced technology.

5. What did you learn from visiting different countries?

I have learned a lot about different cultures, customs, and ways of life. It has also broadened my perspective and understanding of the world.