1. Limited time only! Sign up for a free 30min personal tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Having trouble plotting this set of data - please help.

1. Mar 19, 2009 #1
    So: we did an experiment to see if sow bugs liked a dry or a moist environment.

We put them in a choice chamber and let them choose between a dry environment and a humid environment. We also did a seperate control where we gave them the choice between two identical dry environments.

My data shows, in the experimental group all chose the humid and in the control, there was a 50/50 split.

--------------

I need to plot both experimental and control data. However, I'm having trouble with what goes on my X axis, I know Y is "# of bugs in chamber" but, the X is confusing me. I currently have it as Chamber (1 and 2) since we labeled which chamber they went into but, I think it should be treatment (light and dark) but then the bars are going to clumped on the light with only one on the dark. I'm also thinking "Group - (Control and Experimental) would work; then I can simply legend it to distinguish between light and dark? Ideas?

2. jcsd
  3. Mar 19, 2009 #2

Redbelly98

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Homework Helper

It seems that the X axis would have labels for the Control and for the the Experimental Group.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook