• Support PF! Buy your school textbooks, materials and every day products via PF Here!

Having trouble plotting this set of data - please help.

• Thread starter rowkem
  • Start date
So: we did an experiment to see if sow bugs liked a dry or a moist environment.

We put them in a choice chamber and let them choose between a dry environment and a humid environment. We also did a seperate control where we gave them the choice between two identical dry environments.

My data shows, in the experimental group all chose the humid and in the control, there was a 50/50 split.

--------------

I need to plot both experimental and control data. However, I'm having trouble with what goes on my X axis, I know Y is "# of bugs in chamber" but, the X is confusing me. I currently have it as Chamber (1 and 2) since we labeled which chamber they went into but, I think it should be treatment (light and dark) but then the bars are going to clumped on the light with only one on the dark. I'm also thinking "Group - (Control and Experimental) would work; then I can simply legend it to distinguish between light and dark? Ideas?

Redbelly98

Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Homework Helper
It seems that the X axis would have labels for the Control and for the the Experimental Group.