I recently gave my hand tools a bath in " right from the bottle" strength HCL. I had previously known about the naughty flash rusting that occurs, so to combat the rust, I quickly plunged the tool in water, gave it a quick wipe and then plunged it into extremely hot cooking oil. The tools stayed clean for about a day and then "POOF", the rust was back. TO make this simple and sweet. Could the HCL have been dissolved into the cooking oil? I have a high school background with Chemistry so I am trying to get an alleged knowledgeable opinion. Thanks a bunch.