Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

HDTV Monitor for Xbox 360/PS 3

1. Jan 14, 2006 #1

Les Sleeth

Gold Member

I looked through the threads and didn't see this discussed anywhere, but it if it was please refer me.

I want to buy a HDTV 16:9 monitor for the new game consoles. I am considering the new Viewsonic N2050W 20-inch 16:9 LCD TV, you can see it here:

http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/SearchTools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=1645617&CatId=385

Anyone have any opinions on it, or any suggestions for what might be a better choice in the same or close price range?

2. jcsd
  3. Jan 14, 2006 #2
    Viewsonic is usually an average brand. I would think 20in would be small to look at. Imagine split screen for 2-3-4 players at 5-6ft away. Personally I'd just save up and get a nice hdtv 42in plasma tv, some are getting close to $2k.

4. Jan 15, 2006 #3
    sony and samsung. but i personally prefer sony monitors.

5. Jan 15, 2006 #4

Les Sleeth

Gold Member

I forgot to mention that I sit close to the monitor and always play alone, so 20 to 23 inches is perfect. I would love to dedicate a room to a giant plasma screen but my budget is around $600 (and I don't have a spare room). Last night a friend who is a manager at Circuit City warned me away from Viewsonic claiming they are poor quality. Unfortunately there doesn't yet seem to be many 16:9 HDTV options at the size I want.

Yeah, I love sony.

6. Jan 15, 2006 #5
  7. Jan 15, 2006 #6

Les Sleeth

Gold Member

8. Jan 16, 2006 #7

Les Sleeth

Gold Member

9. Mar 7, 2006 #8

Les Sleeth

Gold Member

Just a follow up, I bought the Samsung and it's impressive.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?