HDTV Monitor for Xbox 360/PS 3

• Thread starter Les Sleeth
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Monitor
In summary, the conversation revolves around buying a HDTV 16:9 monitor for new game consoles. The person is considering the Viewsonic N2050W 20-inch LCD TV, but asks for opinions and suggestions for better options in the same price range. Some participants suggest Sony and Samsung brands, and share links to potential options. The final decision is made to purchase the Samsung with a contrast ratio of 3000:1.
Les Sleeth
Gold Member
I looked through the threads and didn't see this discussed anywhere, but it if it was please refer me.

I want to buy a HDTV 16:9 monitor for the new game consoles. I am considering the new Viewsonic N2050W 20-inch 16:9 LCD TV, you can see it here:

http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/SearchTools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=1645617&CatId=385

Anyone have any opinions on it, or any suggestions for what might be a better choice in the same or close price range?

Computer science news on Phys.org
Les Sleeth said:
I looked through the threads and didn't see this discussed anywhere, but it if it was please refer me.

I want to buy a HDTV 16:9 monitor for the new game consoles. I am considering the new Viewsonic N2050W 20-inch 16:9 LCD TV, you can see it here:

http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/SearchTools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=1645617&CatId=385

Anyone have any opinions on it, or any suggestions for what might be a better choice in the same or close price range?

Viewsonic is usually an average brand. I would think 20in would be small to look at. Imagine split screen for 2-3-4 players at 5-6ft away. Personally I'd just save up and get a nice hdtv 42in plasma tv, some are getting close to $2k.

sony and samsung. but i personally prefer sony monitors.

Greg Bernhardt said:
Viewsonic is usually an average brand. I would think 20in would be small to look at. Imagine split screen for 2-3-4 players at 5-6ft away. Personally I'd just save up and get a nice hdtv 42in plasma tv, some are getting close to $2k.

I forgot to mention that I sit close to the monitor and always play alone, so 20 to 23 inches is perfect. I would love to dedicate a room to a giant plasma screen but my budget is around $600 (and I don't have a spare room). Last night a friend who is a manager at Circuit City warned me away from Viewsonic claiming they are poor quality. Unfortunately there doesn't yet seem to be many 16:9 HDTV options at the size I want.

The_Professional said:
sony and samsung. but i personally prefer sony monitors

Yeah, I love sony.

Just a follow up, I bought the Samsung and it's impressive.

What is an HDTV Monitor for Xbox 360/PS 3?

An HDTV Monitor for Xbox 360/PS 3 is a high-definition television (HDTV) that is designed to be compatible with gaming consoles such as the Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3. It allows for a better gaming experience with improved graphics and audio quality.

What are the benefits of using an HDTV Monitor for Xbox 360/PS 3?

The main benefit of using an HDTV Monitor for Xbox 360/PS 3 is the enhanced gaming experience. The high-definition display provides sharper and more detailed graphics, and the improved audio quality immerses players in the game. Additionally, these monitors often have a larger screen size and faster response time compared to traditional TVs, making for a more enjoyable gaming experience.

Can I use any HDTV as a monitor for my Xbox 360/PS 3?

Not all HDTVs are compatible with gaming consoles. It is important to check the specifications of the HDTV to ensure it has the necessary inputs, such as HDMI or component, to connect to the Xbox 360 or PS 3. Additionally, the TV should have a low input lag for optimal gaming performance.

Are there any specific settings I should adjust for the best gaming experience on an HDTV Monitor for Xbox 360/PS 3?

Yes, it is recommended to adjust the display settings on your gaming console to match the resolution and refresh rate of the HDTV. This can improve image quality and reduce input lag. It is also important to turn off any unnecessary picture enhancement features on the TV, as they can cause delays and affect gameplay.

Can I also use an HDTV Monitor for Xbox 360/PS 3 for regular TV viewing?

Yes, an HDTV Monitor for Xbox 360/PS 3 can also be used as a regular TV. It will have all the necessary inputs to connect to a cable or satellite box, and the high-definition display will enhance the viewing experience for regular TV shows and movies. Some HDTVs may also have additional features such as smart TV capabilities or built-in streaming apps.