Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

He can not access BitTorrent(BT)

1. May 14, 2004 #1
    my friend currently got a problem, with his internet, he can not access

BitTorrent(BT) type service it says the firewall was on or you are in a intranet. , i believe it was the build in firewall in his dsl modem block such service. becasue he did not have any external firewall not even windows's build in.

my friend connect to internet via dsl modem using lan.

so how do i help him?

thx

2. jcsd
  3. May 14, 2004 #2
    Hey, you told me that you didnt know anything about computer, but now why dyou talk like a professional huh ? You know about build-in firewall, bit torrent service and many other things about lan.

I think what you believe isnot incorrect, but about how to change it, I dont know either...

>>>>(Just in case you are for real) What i said about my internet problem was just a joke to make sure about you and thats all, I know it right then.... Thanks and dont take it too seriously like that...lol...

4. May 14, 2004 #3
    I am not sure if I understood what you are asking but if I did understand correctly then it is something like this…Your friend has a working DSL connection but a peer-to-peer application, called BitTorrent, is not working and you believe the problem is caused by a firewall restriction.

I did a search on what ports are required to be open for BitTorrent and came up with TCP ports 6881 through 6999.

Get into your friend’s DSL modem and see if it has the ability to do one-to-one port mappings and point all of those ports to the local IP of your friends machine.

5. May 14, 2004 #4

hoho i got tricked, but this is for my other friend =)

6. May 14, 2004 #5

yeah thats the situation, but how do i check

"the ability to do one-to-one port mappings and point all of those ports to the local IP of your friends machine"

thx

7. May 14, 2004 #6
    Nothing at all, i just wanted to know the truth around you..

8. May 15, 2004 #7
    this is interesting. hoho do u mean u r testing me? i guess i could pass those exams. =P

9. May 15, 2004 #8
    Actually, on the net like this, there is no one lost or won, there is always time and space for us to make some preparation before handling some situations, but the more you post, the more people might be able to guess who you are...

Last edited: May 15, 2004
  10. May 15, 2004 #9
    Oh well, just right before i post this one. Tell you what i just discovered

YES, I am soso luckie when I have been talking with my famous holywood character Bruce Willis for ages but never even thought who that was . A MAD MAN who is trying to kill people at the end of each play. Oh yeah, really perfect and really funnie, laugh at me, a stupid Homey.
    I am thinking of a partie to share this fun with my friends...we sure have a dance partie. I dont know how to dance like ACTORs or ACTRESS but I CAN and surely can jump like a monkie. How perfect I am when having commented on famous BRUCE WILLIS 's alternate character only to get killed in the end....
    Hope this is a good chance for someone to say more in public....

Read and digest this- my last post, liar !

Last edited: May 15, 2004
  11. May 15, 2004 #10
    Umm, I have poor English I guess, I don’t really understand u well

and

what r u talking abt? ...

12. May 15, 2004 #11
    This is the best thread ever

13. May 16, 2004 #12

dduardo

Staff Emeritus

You guys have gone way off topic. I'm closing the thread.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?