Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Header Image Fragmentation

1. May 5, 2003 #1

Another God

Staff Emeritus
    Gold Member

Am I the only person who sees the graphics up the top of the Physics Forums website as fragmented?

The PF image at the left is one piece, with the bl;ue thing beside it fragemented off a cm or so, and then within that blue thing, each of the buttons are fragmented so that there is a gap between each of them.
    And the top of the blue bit is actually continuous with the PF image, so that means it is out of alignment with the bit which it is supposed to be in alignmnet with....

I am using the latest IE, and have a screen resolution of 1280 x 1024
    (i changed it to 1170 x 760 (whatever it is) and the fragmentation remains, but just with different gaps between the bits)
  2. jcsd
  3. May 5, 2003 #2
    I think its just you. Or maybe its cause you use such a high res. Well high for me, I use a relatively low res of 800*600 cause my parents can't see anything if it is much higher.
  4. May 5, 2003 #3

Another God

Staff Emeritus
    Gold Member

its been like it ever since the change. At first I thought it was a glitch which would be sorted out with time, but as time has passed, and nothing has changed, plus I have seen no one else mention it, I figured no one else noticed it...
  5. May 5, 2003 #4
    Now that I've taken a good look, I can notice it slightly, but it is not at all obvious at the res I'm using. I feel I'm being picky pointing that out though.
  6. May 5, 2003 #5
    It's not a res problem. I notice it when I'm using opera but not in internet explorer and I'm at a res of 1280x1024. Possibly it's a browser issue.
  7. May 5, 2003 #6
    We are aware of the res problem. We designed the site for 1024x768. The header isn't mission critical, so it might be awhile till it's fixed.
  8. May 6, 2003 #7
    I notice it too using Galeon (which is basically Mozilla with a different front-end.) I thought it was just something associated with Netscape-ish browsers but I assumed it probably looked fine on IE, which I can't use.
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?