Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Healers and Physics Expo?

1. Nov 11, 2006 #1

ZapperZ

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Education Advisor

There should be a law against making someone giggle very hard at 5 am in the morning. That's what this "press release" did.

It was VERY confusing. First it is a Healers and Physics Expo. I didn't know those two things could be in the same sentence, much less in the same location for an Expo. And then, this press release is more about having people attend some real estate informational briefing. So you got healers and physics attending real estate seminars. Confused yet?

Of course, this is another example of misspelling "psychics", not once, but TWICE. Still, I think this RE/MAX agent doesn't get it. Doesn't she know that the attendees at this expo can already forsee what the real estate market is going to be in the future? They don't need some mortal real estate agent to tell them what to do

Unless of course, Denise herself is psychic!

:rofl:

Zz.

2. jcsd
  3. Nov 11, 2006 #2
    lol. Healers and physics expo, what are the chances of that happening.

4. Nov 11, 2006 #3

Astronuc

Staff: Mentor

But a good sense of humor, with occassional giggling and laughter, is vital for good health. But at 5 am ZZ?! You must be an early riser. :biggrin:

5. Nov 11, 2006 #4

ZapperZ

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Education Advisor

I have been cursed as a morning person, which means also that I'm not a night person.

Zz.

6. Nov 11, 2006 #5

Astronuc

Staff: Mentor

So many how many worms have you gotten? :biggrin:

And I guess your wealthy and wise, too. :cool:

7. Nov 11, 2006 #6
    5AM?
    Aye, I suppose I could stay up that late.

8. Nov 11, 2006 #7

Moonbear

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Not me. I wilt sometime between 3 and 4. 5 AM is definitely sleeping time for me.

9. Nov 11, 2006 #8

Curious3141

Homework Helper

Physic (no 's'), btw, is an archaic term for the practice of medicine, the art of healing. Cool coincidence, eh?

10. Nov 12, 2006 #9

Gokul43201

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

I'd bet the person that wrote the article misspelled 'psychics' in two different ways. The spell-checker converted the first misspelling into 'physics' and the second one into 'psychics'.

I'd also bet this person went to school either in New Zealand or in San Bernadino.

11. Nov 12, 2006 #10

Moonbear

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Or maybe she really is psychic and just knew that most of the readers wouldn't know the difference, but Zz would really need a laugh at 5 AM. :biggrin: :rofl:

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?