1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Heat flow

1. Dec 9, 2003 #1
    Hi everyone. I am doing a physic’s project about Newton’s law of cooling. This project was basically to evaluate the change in temperature between a cup of cooling water and the room temperature as a function of time by using different methods of heat retention (via convection & evaporation, conduction, radiation.) I have to prove that these methods are consistent with Newton’s law of cooling, which indicates that a ÄT to be an exponential function of the elapsed time. However, I know that Newton’s law of cooling does not work if radiation is significant and evaporating cooling is significant. I really don’t understand why those two things effect it the most. Can anyone tell me why or direct me to a website that could help me.
    Thanks for your help in advance.
  2. jcsd
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Can you help with the solution or looking for help too?
Draft saved Draft deleted