1. Limited time only! Sign up for a free 30min personal tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Heat loss in a square channel

1. Aug 10, 2011 #1
    Hi,
    I am stuck to a problem, in which I have to caculate heat loss in the system. Problem has a square channel of 9.5 cm x 9.5 cm with 3 mm thickness and 1 m in lengh. At 0.25u m a gauze is placed and heated. In this system heat is provided at only one location and is uniform across the cross-section. The temperature at the gauze is 573 k and tempearature of air outside is 300 k and inside the channel air is flowing.

I am not able to calculate the heat loss since the heat is lost form the surface i have no profile for the variation of temperature of air inside channel and in this situation both conduction and convection are taking. Can someone give me the other way to loook on to this problem to calculate overall heat loss.

2. jcsd
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Can you offer guidance or do you also need help?
Draft saved Draft deleted