Breakfast, Lunch & Dinner Habits: Results of Poll

• Thread starter rootX
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Light
In summary, the person said they usually have a heavy lunch and light breakfast and likes to graze during the day.
rootX
What you usually eat for breakfast, lunch, dinner?

Poll failed but there are too many combination to consider ..

Physics news on Phys.org

I only eat one meal a day and that could be between 1-5 o/clock.

I eat my big meal at lunch time, but some times it makes me sleepy.

I sometimes have brunch (breakfast/lunch) and dinner, around 7-8pm, no snacks. Other days I might just eat dinner.

I don't know! I usually eat my breakfast and lunch together or sometimes my lunch and dinner together!

wolram said:
I only eat one meal a day and that could be between 1-5 o/clock.

Do you mean it lasts about 4 houres?:tongue:

It's got to be heavy breakfast. Breakfast is by far my favorite meal, so it almost always consists of at least a couple of eggs. Typically it's grits and eggs with a piece of toast. It could also be potatoes and eggs, or some scrambled eggs with some [insert leftovers here] mixed in.

Lunch is slightly lighter; it's usually a sandwich and soup.

Dinner I try to make lighter. I try to go for something along the lines of grilled chicken with vegetables or rice or something like that.

Big breakfast (generally left-overs), no lunch (maybe a snack) and a modest dinner. Tonight was sweet/hot BBQ chicken, baked potato, and steamed fiddleheads.

I start with apple/coffee at about 9 AM. Then, continue finishing my two ham sandwitches/other things in my work kitchen until 4 PM. If I still left with some snacks, I would start eating them as I feel bit hungry until 8-9 PM. Finally, a good complete heavy dinner at 10 PM and go to sleep at 12. So, my breakfast/lunch lasts like some good 6-8 hours, I really don't allocate proper time to them. I would mostly grab something, come back to my desk and eat it while working; I am still thin :).

Someone recently recommended me to have a heavy lunch and light breakfast.

I usually go with a light breakfast, with knoshing around lunch/tea, and a decent supper. I like to graze, as rootX has described.

Simple dinner tonight: roasted chicken with a bourbon-pepper glaze (my own cooking) shredded on some pumpernickel rype with a honey-mustard, lettuce, tomato, and a big glass of water.

1. What is the purpose of conducting a poll on breakfast, lunch, and dinner habits?

The purpose of conducting a poll on breakfast, lunch, and dinner habits is to gather data and insights on the eating habits of individuals. This information can be used to understand trends and behaviors related to meal choices and timing, and can be helpful in making informed decisions for public health initiatives and dietary recommendations.

2. How was the poll conducted and what was the sample size?

The poll was conducted using a survey or questionnaire, where individuals were asked about their breakfast, lunch, and dinner habits. The sample size refers to the number of participants included in the poll. This can vary depending on the scope of the study, but a larger sample size generally leads to more accurate and representative results.

3. What were the most common breakfast, lunch, and dinner habits found in the poll?

The most common breakfast, lunch, and dinner habits found in the poll may vary depending on the specific study, but some common trends may include skipping meals, eating out, or consuming high amounts of processed foods. It is important to note that these habits can vary among individuals and may be influenced by factors such as culture, lifestyle, and personal preferences.

4. How do breakfast, lunch, and dinner habits affect overall health?

Breakfast, lunch, and dinner habits can have a significant impact on overall health. Eating a balanced and nutritious breakfast can provide energy and important nutrients to start the day. Skipping meals or consuming unhealthy options can lead to nutrient deficiencies and potential health issues. It is important to have a well-rounded and varied diet, including all three meals, for optimal health.

5. Can breakfast, lunch, and dinner habits be changed?

Yes, breakfast, lunch, and dinner habits can be changed. While habits may be difficult to break, making small changes over time can lead to healthier eating habits. This can include planning and preparing meals ahead of time, incorporating more fruits and vegetables, and limiting processed and high-fat foods. Seeking guidance from a healthcare professional or registered dietitian can also be helpful in making sustainable changes to meal habits.