What age do you stop growing taller?

• Thread starter decibel
  • Start date
  • Tags
In summary, there is no one-size-fits-all answer to this question. Every person's growth and development is different, so it is difficult to say with certainty what the final height range for a 5'6" person will be. However, according to some sources, most people reach their full height at around the age of 22 or 23. If you are 19 years old and 6'1", you likely have some growing left to do, but you are already tall enough for your age.
Are you 12 years old or something? Your questions sound like it! Normal men grow out of talking like that. Actually, I'm not sure normal men ever talk about stuff like you do.

Last edited by a moderator:
Physics news on Phys.org
i just asked sincere question.

:rofl: Man, I should have voted for Saint. (I didn't vote for anyone)

I think there was a thread on this sometime ago. I'm 5 feet 5 inches, not too bad for a girl. :biggrin:

wow LOL, this thread was meant to be about your actual physical height, NOT penis length or testicle size. But i still dident get an answer to my question, is there anything i can do that would help?..Isent there someone you can go to that crack's every bone in your body or something..i think they're called chiropracters but I am not sure.

decibel said:
wow LOL, this thread was meant to be about your actual physical height, NOT penis length or testicle size. But i still dident get an answer to my question, is there anything i can do that would help?..Isent there someone you can go to that crack's every bone in your body or something..i think they're called chiropracters but I am not sure.

Chiropractors can't do anything for your height. If your problem is a lack of growth hormone and your epiphyseal plates in your bones haven't fused yet (that's what stops your growth), then you could get growth hormone from an endocrinologist, but results are variable and controversial. Anything more drastic than that surely isn't worth the risk. Being short isn't the worst thing in the world. I get to laugh when people bump their heads on things I just walk under. :biggrin:

I had been warned,
I stop here, forget my crap!

i must say, this discussion on penis sizes is much more interesting than hearing about everyone elses heights.

...i'm 5'4".

I'm 16 - Chinese and only around 5ft6 :(

This is the best thread ever

/gives the junior g-man badge award to Saint

I'm 17 and my is 5'8-9''. Wish I was atleast 6''...

Moonbear said:
Actually, I'm not sure normal men ever talk about stuff like you do.
Are you kidding ! Sure they do. At the age of 7 of course :biggrin:

Anyway, there was another [thread=43017]thread[/thread] about shoe sizes, if anyone is interested in statistics :wink:

Saint said:
Saint ! You must be joking !
crazy Saint's link said:
Intensive urine testing: Science has discovered that men produce sperm cells constantly. All that sperm has to go somewhere! If an unmarried man doesn't masturbate, all the sperm cells he produces end up in his urine. It would be very simple to require unmarried men to submit frequent urine samples, which could then be examined under a microscope. If an unmarried man has a low concentration of sperm cells in his urine, it means he has been having orgasms one way or another! Therefore he is guilty of either Masturbation or Fornication and should be imprisoned! Random urine testing in the War On Drugs has been a very powerful weapon! We should not hesitate to harness it for use in the War On Masturbation!
:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
Just unbelievable to me ! :bugeye: :yuck:

Last edited:
Saint said:

What does this have to do with the thread topic? Seriously Saint, I think you're just trying to start controversy. It's funny but it's really getting annoying.

EDIT:

having read through the site, it's obvious it's a joke. No one could be this stupid.

"4. Does your child listen to "Rock And Roll" music? If a teenager has rebelled against God far enough to listen to the Devil's music, then he or she has almost certainly rebelled enough to try Masturbation.
5. Are there semen stains on your son's bed sheets or underwear? There's only one way they could have gotten there! Line up all of your sons at least twice a day for a family Prayer Meeting and Underwear Check!
6. Does your teenager have Liberal political opinions? The weakness of mind brought on by Self-Abuse often leads to left-wing sympathies."

Last edited:
6. Does your teenager have Liberal political opinions? The weakness of mind brought on by Self-Abuse often leads to left-wing sympathies

Ahh... That explains some things... Ivan.. What have you been up to!

Russ, the prescription is masterbation every 4 hrs for the next 6months. Perhaps then you will beat your way out of the Kalahari. :biggrin:

Integral said:
Russ, the prescription is masterbation every 4 hrs for the next 6months. Perhaps then you will beat your way out of the Kalahari. :biggrin:
Moving on..........

I am 16 and I am 6' 7". Quite scary for some but I am really a gentle giant.

The Bob (2004 ©)

Ha ha i saved this topic on my best jokes files, even it is supposed to run in another way, oooohhh the tea burnt my leg so badly! haha

In the words of The Bob, moving on...

I am 18 and i am 6.2 and i do not want more...i like who i am a human regardless...

P.S: Saint, i am sorry to hear about the warning, please take the issues from me as the best way possible, and i do believe every one here share the same with me, but still i cannot speak in their name if they did not give me permission :biggrin:

Hi,i am 17 and 6'0.I would like to be 2m but its too far away:(

Integral said:
Ahh... That explains some things... Ivan.. What have you been up to!

INTEGRAL! :rofl: I would have expected this from Tribdog, or myself, but you! That's funny.

Getting back to the actual topic, some thoughts on getting taller are simple: stand up straight. Really, good posture can make a difference (only slight but you will look taller if you stand straight). Get a healthy level of nutrients for bone growth. Don't smoke (don't know if it helps or not, but you shouldn't do it anyway). Don't drink coffee (years ago they said it stunted growth, I don't know if that was true or not).

Moonbear said:
5'6" doesn't sound bad to me. I'm only 5'2"...it's easier to have a conversation with men if I'm not straining my neck to look up at someone a full foot or more taller than me.
I bet they look down your top more often than short guys too.

Thats the main bonus of being taller than most birds. I am about 5'10-11 or maybe 6ft I am not sure.