Is the Gravitomagnetic Field in Heim's Theory Worth Investigating?

• Thread starter duke_nemmerle
  • Start date
  • Tags
    article Gr
In summary, there is discussion on the Physics Forums about a recent research being hailed as a test for General Relativity. However, there is also speculation about whether the "gravitomagnetic" field mentioned in the research is related to the theories proposed by Heim. Some are calling for a closer look at Heim's theories, as they believe it may have been overlooked in the past. There is a request for someone more knowledgeable to investigate and provide a report on the matter. Additionally, there is mention of a previous experiment by a Russian scientist that was criticized, and some are questioning how this new research supports GR over Heim's theories.
duke_nemmerle
Over in https://www.physicsforums.com/showthread.php?t=115295 on the forum they are talking about this research being hailed as a test for GR...BUT...could someone tell me if the "gravitomagnetic" field in http://www.physorg.com/news12054.html was what Heim was talking about.

I think it's time to take a serious new look at this guy and his stuff. Fool me once(no one takes a look at alleged mass of particles derived from first principles in Heim's theory) shame on me, fool me twice(the reason the theory was hyped recently was it's Gravitomagnetic fields from spinning conductors) shame on us, big time.

Someone who is better than me should investigate and report please

EDIT: I'm no physicist so I can't really say one thing or another on this besides what I think. Hopefully someone can say something at least about this experiment at all. It sounds like a reproduction of an earlier experiment by a Russian scientist that was jeered quite heavily. Anyone?

Last edited by a moderator:
Physics news on Phys.org
I had read in one article about it that GR does not predict the right force... so I do not see how it does support GR over Heim (someone mentioned to me that Heim does in fact predict the right force)

I would say that it is always important to approach new research and theories with an open mind, but also with a critical eye. While the idea of a "gravitomagnetic" field may seem intriguing, it is important to thoroughly examine the evidence and experimental results before making any conclusions. It is also important to consider the source of the information and whether or not it has been peer-reviewed and validated by other scientists in the field. As for Heim's theory, it is always worth investigating and considering new ideas, but it should also be subject to rigorous testing and scrutiny before it can be accepted as a valid explanation for phenomena. Ultimately, the scientific process is about constantly questioning and testing ideas, and it is through this process that we can make progress and advancements in our understanding of the universe. So, while it may be tempting to jump to conclusions or dismiss new ideas, it is important to approach them with a critical and open-minded mindset.

1. What is the GR article about?

The GR article is about the theory of general relativity, which was developed by Albert Einstein in the early 20th century. It explains how gravity works and how it affects the fabric of space and time.

2. Who is Heim and what is his contribution to the GR article?

Burkhard Heim was a German theoretical physicist who proposed a modified version of general relativity known as Heim Theory. He believed that his theory could unify all the fundamental forces of nature and solve some of the long-standing problems in physics.

3. What makes Heim Theory different from Einstein's general relativity?

Heim Theory introduces additional dimensions and a new fundamental force called the "basic field" to explain gravity. It also predicts the existence of particles that have not yet been observed, such as gravitophotons and gravitons.

4. Has Heim Theory been proven to be true?

No, Heim Theory is still considered a speculative theory and has not been widely accepted by the scientific community. Some physicists have criticized it for lacking experimental evidence and being overly complicated.

5. Are there any current experiments or research being conducted on Heim Theory?

Yes, there are ongoing efforts to test and validate Heim Theory. Some experiments have been conducted using particle accelerators to search for the predicted particles, but so far, there has been no conclusive evidence for their existence. Other research is focused on finding ways to simplify the theory and make it more testable.