Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Hell has frozen over!

1. Jan 24, 2004 #1

Tsu

Gold Member

2. jcsd
  3. Jan 24, 2004 #2

Evo

Staff: Mentor

Better than living in hell? :wink:

4. Jan 24, 2004 #3
    Imagine how cheap real estate must be in a town called Hell. And imagine how cool it must be to get a letter with a return adress of Hell. I'm definately moving there when I'm older.

5. Jan 24, 2004 #4
    I passed close to Hell once on my way to Holland, Michigan. I had to ask about it. It was named by German settlers. In German "hell" is the adjective "light", (as opposed to dark). "Hell blau" for example, would mean "light blue".

6. Jan 25, 2004 #5

Ivan Seeking

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

In Nevada, a person can see Sparks from Hell.

7. Jan 25, 2004 #6
    Everyone who grows up in Michigan hears about Hell sooner or later. I've been to hell(and back). I actually went fishing in hell, but I didn't catch anything. It's a quiet sleepy little backwoods community Who'd have thought hell could be so nice? As far as Hell freezing over-It's michigan, so Hell freezing over is a non-event. The only downside is that it's in the middle of nowhere, and if you get stranded there, I have no doubt it would seem to hold to it's namesake.

Last edited: Jan 25, 2004
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?