Hello again, after many months

• Thread starter chroot
  • Start date
chroot
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member

Main Question or Discussion Point

I just wanted to say that I'm proud to see PF chugging along, being made better every day by both its staff and its users. I hope you're all well. :approve:

- Warren

Answers and Replies

Evo
Mentor
Hey chroot!! What have you been up to?

chroot
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
Hey Evo! I've been doing well. I'm working for a little startup company called Lytro that's making a revolutionary new kind of camera. They've been keeping me busy, but I still find plenty of time to get out on my bike, socialize, sometimes even eat proper meals!

How are you Ms. Evo?

- Warren

Evo
Mentor
Hey Evo! I've been doing well. I'm working for a little startup company called Lytro that's making a revolutionary new kind of camera. They've been keeping me busy, but I still find plenty of time to get out on my bike, socialize, sometimes even eat proper meals!

How are you Ms. Evo?

- Warren
Same as always, ornery. :tongue: Your new job sounds exciting! I guess you can't say much about the camera. I miss seeing you around here. You used to come up with things that would make me spew on my monitor.

chroot
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
Ornery, eh? Yelling at school children on your grass? Throwing fish at newcomers?

I miss being around here, too! I used to spend hours here every day, and loved the intellectual fix.

I can say quite a bit about the camera, but alas only stuff that you can find on our website. And who knows, I might still have the magic touch in the Dept. of Spew... just don't expect me to clean your monitor for you.

- Warren

Incredible ! I heard about Lytro : the camera without focus, right ? I showed it to my wife and we want to buy one when it comes out ! Congratulations !

chroot
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
humanino, thanks! You're correct, it's a camera that captures the light traveling in a volume of space. It allows the photographer to change focus after the fact--plus many other surprises. We hope it will be the start of something big. :smile:

- Warren

Astronuc
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Welcome home, Warren. Sounds like a fascinating job.

I seen some of your photography elsewhere. All very good.

turbo
Gold Member
Congrats, Warren! I already want one! That is a great product, and a sure winner.

dlgoff
Science Advisor
Gold Member
Wow. Very neat. Please stop by more.

Dembadon
Gold Member
Good to see you, Warren! I'm glad things are going well for you. :smile:

chroot
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
Astronuc, thanks! How have you been lately? I see that you're up to a prolific--almost frightening--18k posts! Evo's nipping at your heels, though. :biggrin:

- Warren

Redbelly98
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Homework Helper
Insights Author
Astronuc, thanks! How have you been lately? I see that you're up to a prolific--almost frightening--18k posts! Evo's nipping at your heels, though. :biggrin:
Take a gander in your own rear-view mirror :wink:

Welcome back.

arildno
Science Advisor
Homework Helper
Gold Member
Dearly Missed
Get onto social welfare and permanent PF presence, chroot!
This place is only chugging, not roaring, as it used to be..

Oh, welcome back, by the way! :smile:

Borek
Mentor
Hi Warren :biggrin:

Lisa!
Gold Member
Nice to see you! :)