Chemical Engineering: Universities Providing Academic Help

• Thread starter Wax
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Hello
In summary: It's not the end of the world if you forget it. Not sure where you are planning to go to school, Wax, but most colleges offer tutoring. If you feel you are going to need it, I strongly urge you to find a tutor before you really need one. That way you can have time to find someone who you feel suits you.
Wax
Hi all, I'm new here.
I'm reentering college and I'm looking to major in Chemical Engineering. I have a few concersn and I was wondering if someone could help me out.

I was wondering if anyone here knows any universities that offer academic help for higher level Chemical Engineering courses such as Thermodynamics. I know there will always be one subject that will boggle my mind and it would be helpful if the institution provided tutors for those tough subjects.

Also, I was wondering how much of a tough time I would have if I don't remember any of my calculus? It's been over two years since I've seen that stuff but when I last took it, I made an A in both the first and second calculus.

Physics news on Phys.org
Not sure where you are planning to go to school, Wax, but most colleges offer tutoring. If you feel you are going to need it, I strongly urge you to find a tutor before you really need one. That way you can have time to find someone who you feel suits you.

Thermo is great...hope you enjoy it as much as I did.

And of course, there's always PF for great help :smile:. Welcome!

lisab said:
Not sure where you are planning to go to school, Wax, but most colleges offer tutoring. If you feel you are going to need it, I strongly urge you to find a tutor before you really need one. That way you can have time to find someone who you feel suits you.

Thermo is great...hope you enjoy it as much as I did.

And of course, there's always PF for great help :smile:. Welcome!

I was looking at Texas Tech. I know all schools offer tutoring for math and chemistry but most don't offer higher level help for the tougher subjects. I was hoping to find some schools that offer that type of help. I'm not looking for someone to spoon feed me but just a place to turn to when you have questions. I remember when i was back in school, I would generally stop by the chemistry tutor center when I got stuck. If there was never a chemistry tutor center, I don't think I would have made it out alive. :rofl:

There is generally tutoring support for lower year courses but very little to none (other then your peers) for upper year courses.

maverick_starstrider said:
There is generally tutoring support for lower year courses but very little to none (other then your peers) for upper year courses.

That's what I figured. I guess I'll just have to make some friends.

Wax said:
Also, I was wondering how much of a tough time I would have if I don't remember any of my calculus?

The simple answer to that is...you will have a tough time. Thermo dynamics also uses calculus just to let you know. That being said, any and every engineering/science degree uses calculus to some extent.

Just go and study up on it to refresh your memory.

What is Chemical Engineering?

Chemical engineering is a branch of engineering that involves the design, development, and operation of processes and equipment used in the production of chemicals, fuels, and other products. It combines principles of chemistry, physics, and mathematics to create solutions to various problems related to the production and use of chemicals.

What is the role of a Chemical Engineering university?

A Chemical Engineering university provides students with the necessary education and training to become chemical engineers. This includes courses in chemistry, physics, mathematics, and engineering principles, as well as hands-on laboratory experience and opportunities for research. The university also helps students develop critical thinking, problem-solving, and communication skills needed in the field.

What kind of academic help can a Chemical Engineering university provide?

A Chemical Engineering university can provide academic help in various forms, such as tutoring services, study groups, academic counseling, and access to resources like textbooks, online databases, and research facilities. The university may also offer internships and co-op programs to provide students with practical experience in the field.

What are some top Chemical Engineering universities?

Some top Chemical Engineering universities include Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT), University of California-Berkeley, University of Cambridge, Stanford University, and University of Texas at Austin. These universities have highly ranked Chemical Engineering programs and are known for producing successful and highly skilled chemical engineers.

What are the job prospects for Chemical Engineering graduates?

Chemical Engineering graduates have a wide range of job prospects in industries such as pharmaceuticals, energy, biotechnology, materials, and consumer goods. They can work in various roles, including process engineers, product development engineers, research scientists, and project managers. The demand for chemical engineers is expected to grow in the coming years, making it a promising field for job opportunities.