Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Hello all

1. Jul 25, 2004 #1
    Hello all!!

I am so glad that a forum like this exists. I absolutely love Physics, Philosophy, Mathematics, and Astronomy and have longed to inquire upon some folk who might know more than I do. I just want to introduce myself for a second.

My real name is Kevin and I live in Detroit, MI. I will be a high school senior in a few weeks and I'm a little excited. I want to go to college and major in Mathematics and Physics and hopefully minor in Philosophy and Theatre Arts.

Well that's all from me now. I'm looking forward to posting here within the next few days. Cheers! :smile:

2. jcsd
  3. Jul 25, 2004 #2

Math Is Hard

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Welcome, Kevin. Nice to meet you!
    Well, you certainly came to the right place. With those interests you listed, you're going to have a great time here.

4. Jul 25, 2004 #3

Evo

Staff: Mentor

Hi Kevin, welcome to PF!! I know you will find a lot of people here with similar interests and you will find some great resources when school starts again.

5. Jul 26, 2004 #4
    Welcome. If you love science then this is the right place for you.Should meet some funny people here.

The Bob (2004 ©)

6. Jul 26, 2004 #5

jimmy p

Gold Member

Hey Kev. Welcome to PF. Enjoy your stay, try the coffee. And Tsu's cookies.

7. Jul 26, 2004 #6
    hey, I've been here a whole year and nobody offered me coffee and cookies!

Alright...who's been taking my share of coffee and cookies? Which one of you is it? :tongue2:

8. Jul 26, 2004 #7
    I, too, would like to extend my welcome, Kevin. Just watch out for Jimmy. :rolleyes:

9. Jul 26, 2004 #8
    Hiya Kevin! :smile: Indeed, it really is great that places such as this exists :biggrin: :rofl: :rofl: Enjoy PF! :rofl: :rofl:

10. Jul 27, 2004 #9

loseyourname

Staff Emeritus
    Gold Member

Jeez Kev, 4 areas of focus? How many classes will you need to take?

11. Jul 27, 2004 #10
    I took the cookies. Sorry.

And I'll be taking these, too, thank you very much.

cookiemonster

12. Jul 27, 2004 #11

Tsu

Gold Member

That's OK. I have more. :biggrin: Here, Kevin. Have a cookie. *shooves cookie into computer and routes it to Kev's computer* :wink:

13. Jul 27, 2004 #12

enigma

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

NO TSU!

THAT'S NOT WHAT THE FLOPPY DRIVE IS FOR!

Ah dang. Now you'll have to get it cleaned out...

14. Jul 27, 2004 #13

Math Is Hard

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

He's right, Tsu. Use the cookie drive. You can tell which one it is because when the tray pops out, there's a circular indentation for holding the cookie.

Last edited: Jul 27, 2004
  15. Jul 27, 2004 #14
    Dang! I always get the cookie drive confused with the coffee cup holder. Word on the street is Apple is coming out with a cookies and milk upgrade... :wink: :biggrin:

Welcome Secular Angel! I, uh, sorta envy your, um, username, yeah. Anyway, welcome to PF. And don't worry about being sane here... Sanity and a few of his close friends left a long time ago.

16. Jul 27, 2004 #15

Tsu

Gold Member

Well, of COURSE I'd use the cookie drive! Ya think I'm cookie ILLITERATE or something??? :eek: I've even made a cookie CUTTER that's the exact size of the indentation in the cookie drive. :approve: Works GREAT!!! :biggrin:

17. Jul 27, 2004 #16

Gokul43201

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

You know those drives don't accept cookies with chocolate chips - only silicon chips are compatible ! :wink:

18. Jul 27, 2004 #17
    What if they didn't have chocolate chips?

19. Jul 27, 2004 #18

Math Is Hard

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

ahhh. that explains it! I thought maybe I had misconfigured the CCTP (Chocolate Chip Transfer Protocol) server.

20. Jul 28, 2004 #19

jimmy p

Gold Member

Dang it!! Cant someone new come online and not be warned about me!!

Maybe we should just have a banner saying "BEWARE OF JIMMY P" on the main page! :devil: :tongue2:

21. Jul 28, 2004 #20

Math Is Hard

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

whaa?? You mean someone took the sticky about that down? :rofl:

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?