Who's Excited for College Majoring in Mathematics and Physics?

• Thread starter Secular Angel
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Hello
In summary, "Hello all" is a common informal greeting used to address a group of people in casual settings. It can also be used in written communication, but it is best to consider the formality and relationship with the recipient before using it. The appropriate response to "Hello all" is to greet the speaker back. In a professional setting, it is best to use a more formal greeting.
Secular Angel
Hello all!

I am so glad that a forum like this exists. I absolutely love Physics, Philosophy, Mathematics, and Astronomy and have longed to inquire upon some folk who might know more than I do. I just want to introduce myself for a second.

My real name is Kevin and I live in Detroit, MI. I will be a high school senior in a few weeks and I'm a little excited. I want to go to college and major in Mathematics and Physics and hopefully minor in Philosophy and Theatre Arts.

Well that's all from me now. I'm looking forward to posting here within the next few days. Cheers! :smile:

Physics news on Phys.org
Welcome, Kevin. Nice to meet you!
Well, you certainly came to the right place. With those interests you listed, you're going to have a great time here.

Hi Kevin, welcome to PF! I know you will find a lot of people here with similar interests and you will find some great resources when school starts again.

Welcome. If you love science then this is the right place for you.Should meet some funny people here.

The Bob (2004 ©)

Hey Kev. Welcome to PF. Enjoy your stay, try the coffee. And Tsu's cookies.

hey, I've been here a whole year and nobody offered me coffee and cookies!

Alright...who's been taking my share of coffee and cookies? Which one of you is it? :tongue2:

I, too, would like to extend my welcome, Kevin. Just watch out for Jimmy. :rolleyes:

Hiya Kevin! :smile: Indeed, it really is great that places such as this exists :biggrin: :rofl: :rofl: Enjoy PF! :rofl: :rofl:

Jeez Kev, 4 areas of focus? How many classes will you need to take?

I took the cookies. Sorry.

And I'll be taking these, too, thank you very much.

cookiemonster

That's OK. I have more. :biggrin: Here, Kevin. Have a cookie. *shooves cookie into computer and routes it to Kev's computer* :wink:

NO TSU!

THAT'S NOT WHAT THE FLOPPY DRIVE IS FOR!

Ah dang. Now you'll have to get it cleaned out...

enigma said:
NO TSU!

THAT'S NOT WHAT THE FLOPPY DRIVE IS FOR!

Ah dang. Now you'll have to get it cleaned out...

He's right, Tsu. Use the cookie drive. You can tell which one it is because when the tray pops out, there's a circular indentation for holding the cookie.

Last edited:
He's right, Tsu. Use the cookie drive. You can tell which one it it because when the tray pops out, there's a circular indentation for holding the cookie.

Dang! I always get the cookie drive confused with the coffee cup holder. Word on the street is Apple is coming out with a cookies and milk upgrade... :wink: :biggrin:

Welcome Secular Angel! I, uh, sort of envy your, um, username, yeah. Anyway, welcome to PF. And don't worry about being sane here... Sanity and a few of his close friends left a long time ago.

Math Is Hard said:
He's right, Tsu. Use the cookie drive. You can tell which one it is because when the tray pops out, there's a circular indentation for holding the cookie.
Well, of COURSE I'd use the cookie drive! Ya think I'm cookie ILLITERATE or something? :eek: I've even made a cookie CUTTER that's the exact size of the indentation in the cookie drive. :approve: Works GREAT! :biggrin:

You know those drives don't accept cookies with chocolate chips - only silicon chips are compatible ! :wink:

Gokul43201 said:
You know those drives don't accept cookies with chocolate chips - only silicon chips are compatible ! :wink:

What if they didn't have chocolate chips?

Gokul43201 said:

ahhh. that explains it! I thought maybe I had misconfigured the CCTP (Chocolate Chip Transfer Protocol) server.

Chrono said:
I, too, would like to extend my welcome, Kevin. Just watch out for Jimmy. :rolleyes:

Dang it! Cant someone new come online and not be warned about me!

Maybe we should just have a banner saying "BEWARE OF JIMMY P" on the main page! :devil: :tongue2:

jimmy p said:
Maybe we should just have a banner saying "BEWARE OF JIMMY P" on the main page! :devil: :tongue2:

whaa?? You mean someone took the sticky about that down? :rofl:

Math Is Hard said:
whaa?? You mean someone took the sticky about that down? :rofl:

No fair! MEANIES! :devil:

jimmy p said:
No fair! MEANIES! :devil:

Come on, Jimmy. The newbies need to know what they're getting themselves into here. :rolleyes:

photon said:
Dang! I always get the cookie drive confused with the coffee cup holder. Word on the street is Apple is coming out with a cookies and milk upgrade... :wink: :biggrin:

Aw, geez, I just got a brand new Mac, and now you're telling me there's already a new upgrade I missed? :grumpy: It's just not fair! :cry: Is the cookies and milk upgrade supposed to enhance Java? :biggrin:

Is the cookies and milk upgrade supposed to enhance Java?
You'll have to get the external drive if you want Java and Cookies&Milk. I went with the Folgers 3000 and never looked back. :wink:

photon said:
I went with the Folgers 3000 and never looked back. :wink:

Folgers rules! Don't even both with the Maxwell House.

Folgers rules! Don't even both with the Maxwell House.

Maxwell House? It sounds PC. Probably doesn't support Cookies&Milk anyway... :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:

photon said:
Maxwell House? It sounds PC. Probably doesn't support Cookies&Milk anyway... :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:

It doesn't, you're right. And Cookies & Milk needs to be supported.

Chrono said:
Come on, Jimmy. The newbies need to know what they're getting themselves into here. :rolleyes:

:cry: :cry:

OK as long as you don't ruin ALL my secrets and suprises!

jimmy p said:
:cry: :cry:

OK as long as you don't ruin ALL my secrets and suprises!

Don't worry, Jimmy. I'd never do that.

What does "Hello all" mean?

"Hello all" is a common greeting used to address a group of people. It is a friendly and inclusive way of saying hello to multiple individuals at once.

Is "Hello all" a formal or informal greeting?

"Hello all" is typically considered an informal greeting. It is often used in casual settings among friends, family, or colleagues.

Can "Hello all" be used in a professional setting?

While "Hello all" is generally considered informal, it can be used in a professional setting depending on the context and the relationship between the individuals involved. It is best to use a more formal greeting, such as "Good morning everyone" or "Greetings all", in a professional setting.

What is the appropriate response to "Hello all"?

The appropriate response to "Hello all" is to greet the speaker back, such as with "Hello" or "Hi". It is also common to respond with a similar phrase, such as "Hello everyone" or "Hi there".

Can "Hello all" be used in written communication?

Yes, "Hello all" can be used in written communication, such as in emails or messages. However, it is important to consider the formality of the communication and the relationship with the recipient before using this greeting.