What is the Wigner effect and its impact on nuclear physics?

• Thread starter hebejere
  • Start date
In summary, the Wigner effect refers to the changes in material properties caused by long-term exposure to high levels of radiation. This phenomenon has significant implications in nuclear physics, as it can lead to the degradation of materials used in nuclear reactors and other nuclear technologies. The Wigner effect can cause changes in the mechanical, electrical, and magnetic properties of materials, which can impact the overall performance and safety of nuclear systems. Understanding and mitigating the Wigner effect is crucial in the development and maintenance of nuclear technologies.
hebejere
My name is Jerome aka the sane environmentalist I have recently been addressing and educating people about fukushima daiichi in japan and find that nuclear physics is challenging. I ran across this forum while i was investigating the Wigner effect for a you-tube video. you can search for the sane environmentalist on you-tube to find my work. I will undoubtedly have questions for you folks about matter and stuff.
thank you in advance

Physics news on Phys.org
Welcome to the PF. :smile: