Exploring the Intersection of Computer Science and Physics: A Personal Journey

• Thread starter Technik
  • Start date
In summary, exploring the intersection of computer science and physics is a personal journey filled with endless possibilities and discoveries. This field combines the principles of computation and physics to solve complex problems and develop innovative technologies. Through my own personal journey, I have learned how these two disciplines complement each other and have witnessed the impact they have on our society and the world. From quantum computing to artificial intelligence, the intersection of computer science and physics continues to push the boundaries of what is possible and inspire new avenues of exploration.
Technik
Hi all! I am Technik. I'm 26 years old and recently went back to school to pursue a Computer Science degree. I am also really interested in physics; cosmology/astronomy in particular. I am currently working with a physics professor on a web application that will serve as an educational aid in the classroom.

I just recently completed Calculus 2 (integrals and sums/series) and feel like I did horribly (I managed to scrape by with a D) but made an A in Calc 1 (derivatives) and previous classes. I feel like I just didn't have the right professor nor sufficient time to study the material with everything else going on. I hope to get a better grasp of calc 2, but I've heard it's a daunting beast for most students overall.

Aside from a few given problems in calc 1 and 2, most of my physics experience is from an intuitive perspective... but I hope to get a better mathematical understanding of physics as well, obviously. I seem to gravitate toward "applied mathematics" subjects like CS and physics even though I'm terribly self-conscious about my skills with "pure" mathematics (and even doubly so with arithmetics :) )

Anyway, I created an account a long time ago, but just remembered about it. I hope to hang around here and learn from you all as some of the other online groups I've been part of tend to be less moderated and less friendly.

Cheers!

Physics news on Phys.org
Welcome to PF!