Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Hello, can anyone help me with this formula?

1. Jul 27, 2008 #1
    kE=gzE=mv²/2, pE=mgh, F=GM m/r² and F=kqı, q2/d²

Anyone knows or familiar about this formula?
    Do you know how to proof this formula??

Thank you^^

p/s: For not to make anyone confuse, this is not my homework :)

2. jcsd
  3. Jul 27, 2008 #2

Doc Al

Staff: Mentor

Looks like you have several formulas listed: Kinetic energy (what's gzE?), potential energy, Newton's law of gravity, and Coulomb's law. Do you have a specific question about any of those?

4. Jul 27, 2008 #3
    No , there is no specific questions. What you just need is to proof this formula.

Original Q:
    kE=gzE=mv²/2, pE=mgh, General Gravitiy??(is there any of this?) F=GM m/r² and F=kqı, q2/d²
    Proof this formula. (@@)

In my opinions,
    kE=gzE=mv²/2, pE=mgh, ( proof that these equations is equals to each other) by using this F=GM m/r² and F=kqı, q2/d² (i guess) I am not sure@@

5. Jul 27, 2008 #4
    you are true
    but i think newton's law[tex]F=ma[/tex] and [tex]F=Gm_1m_2/R^2[/tex] => that formula
    formula [tex]F=Kq^2/R^2[/tex] was proofed by Coulomb by assay

6. Jul 27, 2008 #5

cristo

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor

But as the Doc says, you have written down several, different equations: it is not one formula that can be proven.

:confused:

7. Jul 27, 2008 #6
    hmmmmmm.. i will try to study back the question again. And see if they really listed which is which^^.

But, if you all can give some more clues, it will help alot.

Thank you again.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?