Help a 28 Year Old Single Guy Learn to Cook Good Food

• Thread starter Phyphy
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Food Year
In summary, the speaker is a 28-year-old male who likes sports, music, and cooking but is unable to cook good food. He has bought many books to learn but still struggles. His neighbors joke about him needing to marry someone who can cook for him, but he is single and has never met anyone. He typically eats ramen noodles or sandwiches for dinner and enjoys making fried rice. He has also been to a Mongolian BBQ and suggests experimenting with ingredients. He recommends taking a cooking class or asking someone to teach him. Some helpful recipes and instructions can be found in an online forum.
Phyphy
I am 28 year olds, male. I like sprots, music and cooking, I want to cook good food but I cant, I buy a lots of book teach me to cook good but still cant,
sometimes when i went home, my neightbors usually joke tell me to marry a girl so she cook for me when i go home from work, but fact that i never met anyone. sinlge. plese tell me how to cook good food.
Everyday before goin to work, i eat ramen noddles, sometime bread, sanwich only. Thank you.

Physics news on Phys.org
Open the oven's door and get a frozen pizza into it. :rofl:

It's what I do when I'm alone at the dinner's hour.

ramen noodles are so amazingly good. =] haha
umm, fried rice isn't very hard to make. just scramble some eggs, put some oil in the wok, and throw some rice in. and some leek and whatnot, whatever you want and its all good. ^^

have you been to a mongolian bbq? they let you experiment around with all the ingredients, gives you a real idea of what could be good at home
plus it tastes really really good

I wouldn't know how to show you online. I'd recommend asking someone you know to show your or trying to take a cooking class - if there are any avaliable where you live.

1. How can I start learning to cook?

The best way to start learning to cook is to start with basic recipes and techniques. Start with simple dishes and gradually work your way up to more complex ones. Online tutorials, cooking classes, and cookbooks are great resources to learn from.

2. What ingredients should I always have in my pantry?

Some essential ingredients to always have in your pantry include olive oil, salt, pepper, garlic, onions, canned tomatoes, pasta, rice, and canned beans. These ingredients can be used in a variety of dishes and are great for quick and easy meals.

3. How do I know when meat is fully cooked?

The best way to determine if meat is fully cooked is to use a meat thermometer. Different types of meat have different internal temperature requirements, so it's important to look up the specific temperature for the type of meat you are cooking. Another method is to cut into the meat and check for any pinkness or use a fork to see if the meat is tender.

4. How can I make healthier versions of my favorite dishes?

To make healthier versions of your favorite dishes, you can try substituting ingredients. For example, instead of using white flour, you can use whole wheat flour or almond flour. You can also use alternative cooking methods such as baking instead of frying. Adding more vegetables and using lean meats can also make a dish healthier.

5. What is the best way to meal plan and save money on groceries?

The best way to meal plan and save money on groceries is to plan your meals for the week ahead of time and make a list before going to the grocery store. Stick to your list and avoid buying unnecessary items. Buying in bulk and using frozen fruits and vegetables can also help save money. Additionally, try to incorporate leftovers into your meal plan to reduce food waste and save money on future meals.