What inspired this 15-year-old to pursue engineering and coding projects?

• Thread starter Evil Genius
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Hello
In summary, the individual was sparked by their curiosity and love for taking things apart at a young age, leading them to explore the fields of engineering and coding. They developed their skills through tinkering, online courses, workshops, and seeking out mentors and opportunities. As a 15-year-old, they faced challenges in being taken seriously and balancing school and extracurriculars. Their advice for others is to not be afraid to try new things and always seek out opportunities to learn and improve. Their future goals include studying engineering and coding in college, working in related industries, and inspiring and mentoring others in STEM fields.
Evil Genius
I just wanted to greet my self.
I am 15 and am into coding as well as engineering.
Some projects i completed are Fume Extractors, Transformer Shocker, Joule Thief, and other stuff. I have basic engineering tools like soldering irons and stuff.
Got interested after watching Iron Man. So yea anyone want tot be friends.

Physics news on Phys.org
Welcome Evil Genius

Evil Genius said:
I just wanted to greet my self.
I am 15 and am into coding as well as engineering.
Some projects i completed are Fume Extractors, Transformer Shocker, Joule Thief, and other stuff. I have basic engineering tools like soldering irons and stuff.
Got interested after watching Iron Man. So yea anyone want tot be friends.

Cool stuff, EG !

I have a 17 yo son whose much the same as you - really into the engineering.

For a science project, he just invented a contraption to fit into the front forks of his dirt bike, so that the shocks don't get compressed when it's tied down firmly on the trailer, during transport (apparently, having the shocks compressed for long periods is bad for 'em - or so he tells me). He made it out of PVC pipes, rubber stoppers, and two clamps - very cool !

Welcome.

Welcome to PF, Evil Genius, I hope you like it here :smile:!

i am liking it all ready it has all the resources that i could need on engineering.

OMG, O'Reilly really has a book for everything!

Meow-how-how... :devil:

1. What sparked your interest in engineering and coding at such a young age?

As a child, I was always fascinated by how things worked and loved taking things apart to see how they functioned. This curiosity eventually led me to explore the world of engineering and coding, and I fell in love with the endless possibilities and problem-solving aspects of these fields.

2. How did you develop your skills in engineering and coding at such a young age?

I started by tinkering with simple projects and experimenting with coding languages and software. I also took online courses and attended workshops to learn new skills and techniques. Additionally, I sought out mentors and joined clubs and organizations that provided opportunities to further develop my skills.

3. What challenges have you faced as a 15-year-old pursuing engineering and coding projects?

One of the biggest challenges I have faced is being taken seriously as a young person in a field typically dominated by older individuals. I have had to work harder to prove myself and gain recognition for my skills and accomplishments. Additionally, balancing school and extracurricular activities can be challenging, but it has also taught me time management and prioritization skills.

4. What advice do you have for other young individuals interested in pursuing engineering and coding?

My advice would be to never be afraid to try new things and take on challenging projects. Don't let your age or lack of experience hold you back. Also, always seek out opportunities to learn and improve your skills, whether it's through online resources or joining a club or organization. And most importantly, have fun and enjoy the process!

5. What are your future goals and aspirations in the field of engineering and coding?

I hope to continue pursuing my passion for engineering and coding by studying these fields in college and eventually working in a related industry. I also hope to inspire and mentor other young individuals, especially girls, to explore and excel in STEM fields. Ultimately, my goal is to make a positive impact on the world through my skills and knowledge in engineering and coding.