Hello everyone!Help me please with osciloscope manual.We have

1. Hello everyone!

Help me please with osciloscope manual.
    We have been translating electrical characteristics, and there is a couple of questions.

mArms (what is it milli Amperes root-mean-square?)
    System aberratoins 10% p-p (is it peak-to-peak?)
    What is a front end of oscilloscope? Is it a primary transducer or smth?

Thank you
  2. jcsd
  3. Bobbywhy

Bobbywhy 1,864
    Gold Member

Re: Oscilloscope

Yes, mArms stands for milliampres root mean squared.

This is from Wikipedia: “In mathematics, the root mean square (abbreviated RMS or rms), also known as the quadratic mean, is a statistical measure of the magnitude of a varying quantity. It is especially useful when variates are positive and negative, e.g., sinusoids. RMS is used in various fields, including electrical engineering.

It can be calculated for a series of discrete values or for a continuously varying function. The name comes from the fact that it is the square root of the mean of the squares of the values. It is a special case of the generalized mean with the exponent p = 2.”
    See the below Wiki page for more details and examples:

Yes, p-p stands for peak-to-peak

Too bad the term “front end” is ambiguous, so this is just a guess. The front end of the oscilloscope often refers to the first input amplifier…where the input signal first enters the ‘scope.
  4. Re: Oscilloscope

Thank you so much!
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thead via email, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?