Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Hello everyone!

1. Sep 14, 2004 #1
    hello! Nice to communicate with your guys! I'm a student who is studying in double E subject. I found some problems when I'm doing the new project this term. Is there some one can help me to say something about the principle of the frequency to voltage converter? I'm really confusing with this part of knowledge now... thanks a lot for helping! :confused:
  2. jcsd
  3. Sep 14, 2004 #2

Science Advisor

KISS - think of a voltage versus frequency graph of the components in an LR or CR series circuit as driven by a voltage source. Hint, the reactance works like a variable voltage divider.

Now rectify with a diode and a cap to smooth out the waveform....

You choose the reactive component to change whether the voltage increases or decreases in frequency.

That help?

4. Sep 14, 2004 #3
    yeah, That make me feel better about this~thanks,however, can u tell me some more details about this? For instance, something about the specification of the components of Frequency to voltage converter?
  5. Sep 15, 2004 #4

Science Advisor

Well, what frequency range and voltage are you looking to input/output?

The rules of the forum are to assist, not provide solutions.

I'd say the first step for you is to look in your circuits book for the series LR or CR circuits and decide which one provides a voltage curve you can use. Obviously there are other ways to do this as well, if you find one you could explore that too. I suggested a simple start that should be in your textbook with plenty of examples.

6. Sep 16, 2004 #5
    Thanks for helping me! And I have found one Frequency to voltage converter, which fit for our project needs. And I have got the specification of this converter, ADVFC32. Thanks a lot for help again~
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?