Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Hello Everyone!

1. May 4, 2005 #1
    Hello, I am an upperclassman, highschool girl eager to learn as much as I can about physics. I know that's kind of weird since you all are adults who are either professors or else very knowledgeable in the field, but I joined in hopes that I will learn as much as I can from you guys. I have been studying various physics concepts on my own, including string theory, but due to my lack of a college level education in physics, it is sometimes difficult to understand all of the material.

I am extremely interested in majoring in some aspect of the physics arena later on in the future, maybe even becoming a professor. I am very excited whenever I am able to broaden my horizons concerning the subject of physics, such as joining this site, because I feel it brings me that much closer to my goals. So, this is just an intro about me and I hope to be discussing different concepts (especially concerning superstrings) with you guys in the near future!

(By the way, I know as much about superstrings as Dantheman does........but I'm still researching and reading material about it)

2. jcsd
  3. May 4, 2005 #2

chroot

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Welcome, infinitetime. You'll hopefully find lots of answers to your questions here. :smile:

- Warren

4. May 4, 2005 #3
    Thanks Warren!!! By the way, since you live in California, do you know much about Caltech?

Last edited: May 4, 2005
  5. May 4, 2005 #4
    ZapperZ has a fantastic amount of information in his Journal. You can get to it by looking at journals or by looking in Academics forum, i believe a link is stickied there.

Highly suggested!

6. May 4, 2005 #5

chroot

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

I know it's in Pasadena. :biggrin:

- Warren

7. May 4, 2005 #6
    hello infinitetime

some of us are not very knowledgeable in the field at all

merely a breeze passing over the crop planted in it

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?