Can We Change Our Perspective on Intelligence?

• Thread starter duey07
  • Start date
In summary, intelligence is a complex concept that involves the ability to acquire knowledge, think abstractly, reason, solve problems, and adapt to new situations. While there is a genetic component to intelligence, it can also be changed to some extent through environmental factors and opportunities. By understanding that intelligence is not fixed and can be developed, we can adopt a growth mindset and improve our overall well-being and success. While intelligence can be measured through standardized tests, it is important to consider multiple factors and not rely solely on test scores. Changing our perspective on intelligence can benefit us by overcoming self-doubt, increasing motivation, promoting inclusivity, and leading to a more positive and growth-oriented mindset.
duey07
Hi guys.

I found my way here after searching Chris langan..the smartest man in the world.

My motivation for searching iS that I'm stupid. I'm wondering if I can do anything to change this. Maybe I'll always be stupid but my perspective can change.. Obviously.

Anyway, hi guies

Physics news on Phys.org
Welcome to PF!

The fact that you think you're stupid just means that there's things you know you don't know not that you're really stupid and I'd say that's pretty smart.

Enjoy the site, expand your knowledge and amaze your friends. Also don't forget to post from time to time.

jedishrfu said:
Welcome to PF!

The fact that you think you're stupid just means that there's things you know you don't know not that you're really stupid and I'd say that's pretty smart.

Enjoy the site, expand your knowledge and amaze your friends. Also don't forget to post from time to time.
So all that I know is that I know nothing?

But seriously, some ppl r stupid.

I'm only good at like procedural math and science and memorization. My sister can figure things out. She has 3 kids from 3 different fathers. And works at Kmart at age 32.

There was a recent study that suggests that the portion of the brain that learns things is the portion that evaluates how well you know it. In other words, incompetent people don't realize that they are incompetent but those who worry about it are in fact competent because they realize there's always more to learn.

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dunning–Kruger_effect

jedishrfu said:
There was a recent study that suggests that the portion of the brain that learns things is the portion that evaluates how well you know it. In other words, incompetent people don't realize that they are incompetent but those who worry about it are in fact competent because they realize there's always more to learn.

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dunning–Kruger_effect
That's retarded because success breeds confidence. And the negation

Hi Everyone,

I am newbie in this community. Feeling glad to be a part of this forum. Here I want to share my ideas and views about Bible.

1. What is intelligence?

Intelligence is a complex concept that has been defined in various ways by different researchers. Generally, it refers to the ability to acquire knowledge, think abstractly, reason, solve problems, and adapt to new situations.

2. Can intelligence be changed?

Yes, intelligence can be changed to some extent. While there is a genetic component to intelligence, it is also influenced by environmental factors such as education, nutrition, and experiences. Therefore, with the right opportunities and resources, individuals can improve their intelligence.

3. How can we change our perspective on intelligence?

One way to change our perspective on intelligence is by understanding that it is not a fixed trait, but rather a malleable one. By acknowledging that intelligence can be developed and improved, we can adopt a growth mindset and be more open to learning and challenging ourselves.

4. Can intelligence be measured accurately?

Intelligence can be measured to some extent through standardized tests such as IQ tests. However, these tests may not capture the full range of an individual's intelligence and can be influenced by cultural and societal biases. Therefore, it is important to consider multiple factors and not rely solely on test scores to determine intelligence.

5. How does changing our perspective on intelligence benefit us?

Changing our perspective on intelligence can have several benefits. It can help us overcome self-doubt and limitations, increase our motivation to learn and grow, and promote a more inclusive and diverse understanding of intelligence. It can also lead to a more positive and growth-oriented mindset, which can improve overall well-being and success in various areas of life.