Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Hello everyone!

1. Dec 26, 2014 #1
    I am new to the physics world. Having obtained an arts degree (in religion) a few years back, I am now pursuing physics in my late 20s. Any advice for this late scientific bloomer will be much appreciated (especially on any helpful literature)!!

Thank you and I look forward to great discussions.

2. jcsd
  3. Dec 26, 2014 #2

jedishrfu

Staff: Mentor

4. Dec 26, 2014 #3

NascentOxygen

Staff: Mentor

Hi maramara. http://img96.imageshack.us/img96/5725/red5e5etimes5e5e45e5e25.gif [Broken]

Pursuing physics as a hobby? Or as formal university study?

Either way, there are myriad threads, current and past, in the many forums here that should pique your interest. Also, you will find a wealth of intriguing demonstrations in short videos at youtube.

You came here looking for discussions about physics? Well, your prayers have been answered! :)

Last edited by a moderator: May 7, 2017
  5. Dec 26, 2014 #4
    It has been a mild hobby in the past, however, at the moment I am pursuing the study in university.

And yes, from what I have been able to see so far, this forum has been the answers to my prayers. I should probably change my picture now. :0)

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook