What are the applications of impedance spectroscopy in Li-Ion battery research?

• Thread starter Antti Rytinki
  • Start date
In summary, impedance spectroscopy is a powerful technique used in Li-Ion battery research to analyze the electrical properties and performance of these batteries. It provides valuable information on the charge transfer processes, ion diffusion, and electrode interface behavior, which are crucial for understanding and improving the overall performance and lifespan of Li-Ion batteries. This technique is widely used in studying the effects of different materials, electrode design, and aging on battery performance, as well as in developing advanced battery management systems. Overall, impedance spectroscopy plays a crucial role in advancing the research and development of Li-Ion batteries for various applications, including portable electronics, electric vehicles, and renewable energy storage.
Antti Rytinki
I'm a M.Sc in Physics. My path has been toward applied courses and I did my thesis about Li-Ion batteries. I have good experience in impedance spectroscopy and currently I work as Calibration Engineer / Programmer at RaySafe.

Likes Greg Bernhardt
Physics news on Phys.org
Welcome to PF Antti!