Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Hello everyone

1. Jul 13, 2018 #1
    Hi,

My name is Oleg,

I am a Civil engineering student nearing the completion of my BE. My primary interest lies in Structural engineering, although I am planning to do some geotechnical research in this coming semester (pretty excited about that as well).

I have been a bit of a lurker on this forum and have gained many valuable insights and hints from just reading the many questions and topics discussed in the various threads. I also love that this is a truly global community, often providing a glimpse at the different approaches taught/used in different countries.

I guess, I figured that it's time I get a little more involved in the community, and hopefully contribute something useful as well.

Look forward to getting to know many of the people on this board,
    Make it a great day,

Oleg

2. jcsd
  3. Jul 13, 2018 #2

Wrichik Basu

Gold Member

A warm welcome to PF. :smile:

Make sure you know about the three main sections in PF, and explore them well:

1. The main forums, that you see in the first page.
    2. Insights Blog, available at the top row (header section). It contains articles that help in learning topics to a great extent.
    3. The videos, also available in the header section. The media gallery now has some great videos in almost every aspect in science, and they provide an audio-visual learning experience. There is a category on Engineering under Other Science. You might find it interesting.

I assure you that you will have a great time here.

With regards,
    Wrichik.

4. Jul 13, 2018 #3
    Thank you for the welcome :)

I look forward to my time here

5. Jul 13, 2018 #4

anorlunda

Staff: Mentor

We're glad to have you Oleg. Welcome to PF.

Share this great discussion with others via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?
Draft saved Draft deleted