Struggling with Math in Physics: A Chemistry Major's Journey

• Thread starter Jovy
  • Start date
In summary, a chemistry major shares their journey of struggling with math in physics. They discuss how their background in chemistry did not adequately prepare them for the mathematical concepts in physics. Despite the challenges, they persevered and developed effective studying strategies, such as seeking help from tutors and classmates, to improve their understanding of math in physics. By the end of their journey, they were able to overcome their struggles and excel in their physics courses.
Jovy
I have been going to a community college for about three years now. This is my first semester taking a physics class and it definitely is a difficult class. However, I do find attending the class to be very entertaining and fun. I will be applying to transfer next year and hope to get a degree in chemistry. Math is not my strong suite and I that is not necessarily good since I am a chemistry major, but that is the main reason I decided to join this forum. I have a lot of trouble solving the math problems in physics (which is like all physics problems haha). I have stumbled upon this forum a few times to help me with a few problems I've had so today I finally decided to join.

Physics news on Phys.org
Welcome to PF!