1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Hello forum

  1. Dec 6, 2007 #1
    Can any body tell me the software name which changes a pdf file(text mode) which has been scanned and kept in pdf format

    actually i want to modify the data in that image

    ie one textbook has been scanned and that is put in pdf format
    I changed it into word with the converters(pdf to word) but even i cant able to modify the data in that.because it is coming in image form only

    i want the software for that in internet
  2. jcsd
  3. Dec 6, 2007 #2


    User Avatar
    Science Advisor

    The only thing I've ever heard of similar to this is OCR when you scan an image to a text file. There may very well be something that converts a "picture" .pdf file back to a text format.
  4. Dec 6, 2007 #3


    User Avatar

    You'll need OCR as said.

    If it's im the form of a bitmap/image, you can't convert it back directly.
  5. Dec 11, 2007 #4
    thank you all
    i tried that also
    but all the text that has converted is having dots after each worr

    looks irritating to see i cant modify that dot by deleating it
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?

Similar Discussions: Hello forum
  1. Starting a forum (Replies: 20)

  2. Hello, forum (Replies: 5)

  3. Forum engine (Replies: 4)