Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Hello friends!

1. Oct 13, 2014 #1
    Hello,
    I'm currently 15 and in 'high school' year/grade 11 (called fifth form where I study), and have a unquenchable thirst for physics, I'm in the middle of UK GCSEs but have studied much further in physics independently, I'm currently working through 'Problems and Solutions in Introductory Mechanics ' by David Morin (2014), and am finding it fun as well as challenging. I look forward to learning a lot from this forum and occasionally asking for help for particularly demanding problems which I may encounter and simply not be able to figure out after many repeated attempts.

Thank you for reading,
    Dan

2. jcsd
  3. Oct 13, 2014 #2
    Hi Dan, I think you're in the right place! Welcome!

4. Oct 20, 2014 #3
    Hi Dan and welcome. Let me know if you need textbook or subject recomendations, or just need help with a problem. I'd be glad to help.

5. Oct 20, 2014 #4

Evo

Staff: Mentor

Thanks megatyler, but we are set up for members to seek help in the appropriate forums, not privately. You can always offer suggestions in forum threads. :)

6. Oct 20, 2014 #5
    Sorry about that then. And I will and do offer suggestions in forum :)

7. Oct 20, 2014 #6

Evo

Staff: Mentor

No problem, just don't want other new members to think that private assistance is encouraged. :)

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook