Welcome to PF: Exploring the Intersection of Engineering and Science!

• Thread starter M1gu3l
  • Start date
In summary, Welcome to PF: Exploring the Intersection of Engineering and Science is a platform that brings together professionals and enthusiasts from both fields to discuss and solve complex problems. Through articles, forums, and resources, PF provides a space for the exchange of ideas and the advancement of knowledge in the intersection of engineering and science. It aims to foster collaboration and innovation, promoting the understanding and application of both disciplines in various industries and fields.
M1gu3l
I'm a chemical engineer in my 30's, but have been working mainly with customer support issues related to software, modelling various mechanical systems and data since my graduation and have really lost quite a lot of touch with any heat/fluid-systems and differential equations.

Now I'm basically re-learning or even learning what I might have completely misunderstood during my time at the university as these topics have become increasingly relevant in my work again. And some of it is for general fun as I'd always have liked to understand them quite well but perhaps never got that far. :)

Likes berkeman
Physics news on Phys.org
Welcome to PF. We're glad to have you.

A warm welcome to PF.

The following are the three main sections in PF that I urge every new member to explore:

1. The main forums, that you see in the first page.
2. Insights Blog, available at the top row (header section). It contains articles that help in learning topics to a great extent.
3. The videos, also available in the header section. The media gallery now has some great videos in almost every aspect in science, and they provide an audio-visual learning experience.

Since you are learning new topics, you'll find the last one helpful, besides the first two. There is a category on Engineering too. I added a full Lecture course on Fluid Mechanics a few days back. Check if that helps you. I also added lectures on Thermodynamics for chemical engineers. Check that too.

I assure you that you will have a great time here.

With regards,
Wrichik.

Last edited: