Building Your Own RF Plasma Source: Safety Precautions and Project Ideas

• Thread starter Helicon_Amateur
  • Start date
Helicon_Amateur
Hello to all.

I have experience in building Helicon plasma sources using commercial grade etching equipment. That is, I know what commercially available pieces to connect together in order to produce a plasma, however I would like to understand the inner workings of this equipment and home brew a less expensive device. So here I am!

Physics news on Phys.org
Helicon_Amateur said:
Hello to all.

I have experience in building Helicon plasma sources using commercial grade etching equipment. That is, I know what commercially available pieces to connect together in order to produce a plasma, however I would like to understand the inner workings of this equipment and home brew a less expensive device. So here I am!
Welcome to the PF. :smile:

So pick whichever PF technical forum looks like the best match, and start a new thread there with your questions. Show the kinds of equipment you have used before, and tell us what projects you want to make with your new home-brewed equipment. Also post a bit about your knowledge of safety precautions involved with this type of equipment, so that folks can tell that you will be safe in this work. :smile:

berkeman said:
Welcome to the PF. :smile:

So pick whichever PF technical forum looks like the best match, and start a new thread there with your questions. Show the kinds of equipment you have used before, and tell us what projects you want to make with your new home-brewed equipment. Also post a bit about your knowledge of safety precautions involved with this type of equipment, so that folks can tell that you will be safe in this work. :smile:

Thank you for the response! I will make sure to include all this information in my new posts. =)