What is the best way to learn physics as a beginner?

• Thread starter Dorian
  • Start date
In summary, the best way to learn physics as a beginner is to start with the basics and build a strong foundation of mathematical and conceptual understanding. This can be achieved through a combination of hands-on experimentation, engaging in problem-solving activities, and seeking out additional resources such as textbooks, online tutorials, and study groups. It is also important to approach the subject with curiosity and a willingness to make mistakes and learn from them. Developing critical thinking skills and regularly practicing and reviewing concepts can greatly enhance the learning process. Additionally, seeking guidance and support from experienced teachers or tutors can provide valuable insights and help clarify any confusion. With dedication and persistence, anyone can successfully learn and excel in physics.
Dorian
I've searched the forums from time to time, but figured I'd finally open an account here. I'm almost completely new to physics, but I find it fascinating and wish to learn more, despite the struggles. As of now, I'll be entering my first intro to physics course this fall, but have been studying this summer on my own with a friend's course textbook. Unfortunately, as of now I have more questions than answers for the folks here, but I hope to be a major contributor somewhere down the line as opposed to just someone constantly asking for answers, or more specifically, help with understanding my answers and/or errors.

Likes berkeman
Physics news on Phys.org
Welcome to the PF, Dorian! :smile:

Likes Dorian