Realistic Calculations for Science Fiction Writing

• Thread starter limefiend
  • Start date
In summary, realistic calculations are crucial for science fiction writing as they add credibility and believability to a fictional world. Writers must consider various scientific principles and theories, such as physics and biology, when creating their stories and worlds. These calculations help ground the story in reality and make it more relatable to readers. Additionally, accurate calculations can also inspire future technological advancements and push the boundaries of what is possible. It is important for writers to do thorough research and consult with experts in the relevant fields to ensure their calculations are accurate and enhance the overall quality of their science fiction writing.
limefiend
I'm here because I enjoy writing. Unfortunately, I like to be very precise with what I create. This means that if I'm writing a story about people from Earth relocating to another planet, I'm going to calculate every measurement I can for realism's sake. At the very least, it gives me an advantage for when I'll take Physics next year! I'm in 10th grade, so I need a bit of help with the math because I'm still in Chemistry and I have almost no idea of what I'm doing.

Likes berkeman
Physics news on Phys.org
Welcome to PF. We're glad to have you.