What are your interests and what do you expect from joining this community?

• Thread starter Stassen
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Hello
Stassen
Hello everybody,

after hanging around anonymously for ages, I've decided to register myself.
It's easier to reply on topics that way.

But I've seemed to catch your attention, so i'll tell something about myself.
I'm a guy from the Netherlands (are there more dutchies out here btw?).
So that means English isn't my native language.. So please forgive me if my posts aren't completely flawless.
I'm currently 27 years old. Living in the east of the Netherlands, not too far away from the German border.

I'm currently working as a software developer for a few hospitals in the Netherlands.
Before this, I've been developing a system for an foundation, which deals with all things astronomical.

My interests: history, science, computers, music, girls (well yeah.. a guy is a guy).

What do i except? Enhancing my English skills on here, learning a lot and having a great time joining you in discussion.

Any questions? Just ask!

[offtopic]Jeej, my first topic! :cool:[/offtopic]

Physics news on Phys.org
Hi Stassen, if you were to make a human what ingredients would you use ?

Welcome to PF, Stassen. It is much better at PF "on the inside". You post like English is your first language. I'm ashamed to say English is my first, and only, language.

Hello Stassen, dutchie here :3

Welcome to PF =)

cobalt124 said:
Welcome to PF, Stassen. It is much better at PF "on the inside". You post like English is your first language. I'm ashamed to say English is my first, and only, language.

We get drilled in English over here. Practically everyone speaks it. Well, more or less.
But still.. it's hard to express feelings or coming up with particullar words in certain situations.

╔(σ_σ)╝ said:
Hi Stassen, if you were to make a human what ingredients would you use ?

I would create a robot, actually. So, i would use electronics, mechanics and offcourse some programming.
Great question though, you can tell a lot from a person by his answer.

Last edited by a moderator:
Welcome to PF Stassen, hope you enjoy it here. :smile:

Any questions? Just ask!

What's your favorite fish? :biggrin:

Welcome to PF Stassen.

Just a warning. Look out for that drizzle lady. She packs quite a wallop. :devil:

Welcome to PF, Stassen :smile:! I hope you like it here.

There seems to be a rising population of members from The Netherlands, and they are some of our finest members, IMO.

Welcome to the forum!

P.S. Choose a small fish.

Well, i'll go for a clownfish. If i can find one...

Stassen said:
Well, i'll go for a clownfish. If i can find one...

Here you go!

http://files.myopera.com/Chyren/files/fishSlap1a.gif

Your offically welcomed now. :biggrin:

Last edited by a moderator:
Welcome Stassen! Nice to have you here.Its nice to see a fish slapping again drizzle, I had missed them.

Welcome Stassen :biggrin:!
Hypatia I LOVE your avi! *stares*

What are your interests?

My interests include researching and studying various scientific topics, conducting experiments, and discovering new information and discoveries.

What do you expect from joining this community?

I expect to be able to collaborate and exchange ideas with other scientists, learn from their expertise, and contribute my own knowledge and skills to the community.

How do you plan to contribute to this community?

I plan to share my research and findings, participate in discussions and debates, and offer my expertise in my field of study.

What motivated you to become a scientist?

I have always been curious about the natural world and have a passion for learning and discovering new things. Becoming a scientist allows me to pursue my interests and contribute to the advancement of knowledge and understanding.

What are some of your notable achievements in your scientific career?

Some of my notable achievements include publishing research papers in reputable journals, receiving grants for my research projects, and presenting my findings at international conferences.