Welcome to the Community! | Old Here

• Thread starter arildno
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Hello
In summary: I'm a bit dyslexic.Hi, my name is Borek and I am a PFholic.Bored now. Bye.In summary, arildno has just joined PF and found it to be a welcoming place. There is a discussion about fish and its health benefits, and also about whale sharks. Lastly, Borek, a PFholic, is introduced.
arildno
Science Advisor
Homework Helper
Gold Member
Dearly Missed
Just felt like making my own welcoming thread, even if it comes a bit too late..:smile:

Physics news on Phys.org
Welcome to PF arildno !
Do you like fish ? :biggrin:

humanino said:
Welcome to PF arildno !
Oh, thanks! :shy:
Do you like fish ? :biggrin:
A piece of mackerel has never hurt anyone, has it?

Why yes you have been here a while haven't you?

Here, take off your coat. Have a seat and hang out a while, won't you.

Welcome to PF, arildno! I hope you enjoy your next 10,463 posts here :smile:!

*lisab goes off to look for a whale shark*

arildno said:
http://s809.photobucket.com/albums/zz15/YouAteMyPizza/Umineko%20no%20naku%20koro%20ni/?action=view&current=AngeAndBattlerandVirgiliasEVILMacke.jpg&sort=ascending"
What you don't know can't hurt you.

Last edited by a moderator:
lisab said:
Welcome to PF, arildno! I hope you enjoy your next 10,463 posts here :smile:!
Let's throw him a party when he hits a million...

lisab, we keep squares of frozen whale blubber in the deep freeze behind the PF welcome tent for our members of the Norweedish persuasion.

Evo said:
lisab, we keep squares of frozen whale blubber in the deep freeze behind the PF welcome tent for our members of the Norweedish persuasion.
Big ones that are frozen hard as a rock, I hope!

Arildno is so old the only way to tell his age is by radio carbon dating :tongue:

Arildno is older than the First Ones on B-5.

I just thought this is one of wolram's threads. :biggrin:

Welcome to your home Arildno. PF is your homepage I guess :p

Jimmy Snyder said:
http://s809.photobucket.com/albums/zz15/YouAteMyPizza/Umineko%20no%20naku%20koro%20ni/?action=view&current=AngeAndBattlerandVirgiliasEVILMacke.jpg&sort=ascending"
What you don't know can't hurt you.
Ouch. That really did hurt..:sad:

wolram said:
Arildno is so old the only way to tell his age is by radio carbon dating :tongue:
Doesn't work, I'm afraid. I smoke high-content C-14 carbon monoxide cigarettes to keep myself young. :approve:

turbo-1 said:

Could have been worse. :smile:

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey, wait, I offered you whale. :cry:

Hey there... I guess after 10K+ posts a welcome is overdue. :rofl:

Hi, my name is Evo. I never had a welcome thread. I like neon tetras, long walks in 70F weather when it's not raining, shellfish (ready to be eaten) and gin and tonic.

Welcome to PF Evo ! You will find out that this place is wonderfully moderated :smile:

humanino said:
Welcome to PF Evo ! You will find out that this place is wonderfully moderated :smile:
:rofl: And you are one that is above moderation.

Welcome to PF, Arildno and Evo!

wolram said:

turbo-1 said:
Arildno is so old, he has seen the CMB with his own eyes.

This thread is made of 99% win.

arildno said:

How about holey mackerel?

<irrelevant personal rant>
Evo said:
:rofl: And you are one that is above moderation.
:redface: o:)
I was thinking today that I really need to stop arguing in the "Politics & World Affairs". The only arguments I win seem to be by exhaustion of the audience, by semantic shift, or by reference to inaccessible literature. I cannot remember who said "Don't worry when somebody is mad at you : it means they still care." I guess I am in for worrying if I am not moderated anymore. The same quotation also applies when I criticize US or other countries politics : I do so because I care about them !

</irrelevant personal rant>

Evo said:
Hi, my name is Evo. I never had a welcome thread. I like neon tetras, long walks in 70F weather when it's not raining, shellfish (ready to be eaten) and gin and tonic.
Welcome to PF, Evo!
From what I've seen, you may become a positive influence at these forums, whales or not. :smile:

Redbelly98 said:
Welcome to PF, Arildno and Evo!

Arildno is so old, he has seen the CMB with his own eyes.

BAM! :rofl:

Oh... and Mackerel... kippers in particular, have caused at least one British innkeeper great distress!

...on tv.

OK it was John Cleese on 'Fawlty Towers'... so what? It SEEMED to hurt someone in that episode, and frankly, I'm not budging on this one. :biggrin:

Welcome.

Please don't feed the inmates.
Unless its chocolate.
And well before bedtime.

Welcome, messed up Oldrain!:biggrin:

Lisa! said:
Welcome, messed up Oldrain!:biggrin:

If something ails you when you sail around here at PF, please don't slai yourself! :smile:

Hi, my name is Borek and I am a PFholic.

Or is it not a therapy thread?

Borek said:
Hi, my name is Borek and I am a PFholic.

To be a PFholic is betten than to be ork or kobre. You can get broke, though, so you should try to korbe your desire to visit us.

Sorry about the grammar. :smile:

That 'Lame Jokes' thread is fun, but it's inspiring WRONG behaviour. :rofl:

@Borek: *group responds* "Welcome Borek!" :biggrin:

Welcome, friends (you both :smile:)

Dear Abby,

I've been a PFer for many years now. I'm thinking of getting married to the most wonderful girl in the world. My father is a drug addict and my mother is an alcoholic. My sister is a prostitute and by cousin is a welfare cheat. What I need to know Abby, is should I tell my girlfriend that I'm a PFer?

Steady as we go in Oswego.

Jimmy Snyder said:
Dear Abby,

I've been a PFer for many years now. I'm thinking of getting married to the most wonderful girl in the world. My father is a drug addict and my mother is an alcoholic. My sister is a prostitute and by cousin is a welfare cheat. What I need to know Abby, is should I tell my girlfriend that I'm a PFer?

dear Jimmy.
I would say yes.
Your family situation is like a slippery slope, eventually your girlfriend will find out that you are ALSO a PFer in addition to everything else she has learned about you and your family.

I wish your girlfriend the best of sense&luck,

Abby (forwarded by Arildno)

Jimmy Snyder said:
Dear Abby,

Hmmm... given that array of family members I'd strongly consider your choice in a partner before... or if... marriage is an issue! :wink:

Comedian and Writer Dana Gould said:
Why did I adopt kids? I dunno. Let me look at my family: religious weirdo, gun nut, biker, boozer, dead tooth, too many cats, the guy who talks to his truck. Hmmm. Maybe I adopted because genetically my [testicles] are full of poison.