Help Needed: Physics Project Due Soon - Construct House from Poster Boards

In summary, the conversation discusses a physics project that involves constructing a house out of two poster boards with specific dimensions. The project is due in a week and the speaker asks for help and advice from others. There is a debate about the best way to approach the project and it is mentioned that the assignment guidelines do not allow for direct help, but rather assistance in understanding the requirements. The conversation also touches on the necessary components of a house and the need to clear message history.
jj2006
I really need help for this physics project I'm doing that's due in a week or so. I need to construct a house out of two poster boards that is about 1cm thick, and 36" x 24". I can tell you guys the rest of the info, tomorow.

Thanks guys I'd appreciate it.

Physics news on Phys.org
If you're just stating that for some reason: Have fun with it!
If you're asking the best way to do it: There is no best way, be creative and try to figure something out in your mind, then put it into practice.

I don't know how to even start.

What's necessary for a house? Floor, walls, ceiling. Heck a door and some windows if you're really artsy. So what would be the next question in designing a house? How do you make a floor, walls, and ceiling? That's the question you need to ask yourself. Once again, there is no right way to do it...

Welcome to PF, Jj.
As you know from the guidelines that you agreed to, we won't tell you how to do something in an educational environment (ie: homework), but will assist with your attempt to understand what is needed.
To that end, it would be very helpful if you could convey to us the exact wording of the assignment. To me, a house involves something more substantial than poster boards and has to be large enough to actually live in (not to mention indoor plumbing).

Danger clear your message history, it's full.

Any others?

1. How do I begin constructing a house from poster boards?

To start constructing a house from poster boards, you will need to gather all the necessary materials such as poster boards, scissors, glue, and a ruler. Then, you can begin by drawing out the blueprint of your house on the poster boards and cutting out the pieces according to your design.

2. What physics concepts can I incorporate into my project?

There are many physics concepts that can be incorporated into a project constructing a house from poster boards. Some examples include structural stability, balance and distribution of weight, and the use of simple machines such as levers and pulleys.

3. How can I ensure that my house is stable and sturdy?

To ensure that your house is stable and sturdy, it is important to pay attention to the distribution of weight, the angles and joints of the structure, and the strength of the materials used. You can also use reinforcements such as toothpicks or popsicle sticks to add stability to your house.

4. Can I use different types of poster boards for my project?

Yes, you can use different types of poster boards for your project. However, make sure to consider the thickness and strength of the poster boards as they will affect the stability and durability of your house.

5. How can I make my project stand out and be creative?

To make your project stand out and be creative, you can incorporate unique design elements such as different shapes and sizes of poster boards, different color schemes, and adding additional features such as windows, doors, and a roof. You can also experiment with different construction techniques and use your creativity to make your house unique.