What are the unanswered questions in materials science and high energy physics?

In summary, there are several unanswered questions in materials science and high energy physics. These include understanding the properties of new materials, developing better methods for energy storage, and uncovering the mysteries of dark matter and dark energy. Other areas of inquiry include the behavior of matter at extreme temperatures and pressures, the search for new particles and forces, and the quest for a unified theory that combines gravity with the other fundamental forces. While significant progress has been made in these fields, there are still many unanswered questions that continue to drive research and innovation in materials science and high energy physics.
klctech
Hi,

I love learning, and from time to time I run into questions that google, local education institutes, and general information hunting at the library comes up fruitless. So to you physics forum I turn!

About me - Father, husband, geek, techie, cancer survivor x2, retired soldier/IT professional geek.

About my questions - Mostly materials science questions and a few high energy physics questions. Oh yes, as well as the ever burning question... why is it 42?

Likes Fourplealis
Physics news on Phys.org
Hi klctech.
smiley_sign_welcome.gif