What are the top resources for learning about particle physics and engineering?

• Thread starter Todd Masssure
  • Start date
In summary, the top resources for learning about particle physics and engineering include textbooks such as "Introduction to Elementary Particles" by David Griffiths and "Particle Physics: A Very Short Introduction" by Frank Close, online courses and lectures from reputable institutions such as MIT and CERN, and scientific journals such as Physical Review Letters and Nature. Additionally, attending conferences and workshops, joining professional organizations like the American Physical Society, and networking with experts in the field can also be valuable resources for learning about particle physics and engineering.
Todd Masssure
Hi everyone,
I'm excited to find this forum. I work in architecture, but in my personal life I'm very interested in physics and engineering--specifically particle physics, waves, fields (elect./magnetic/gravity), and nuclear fusion. I have been involved at times on the amateur fusion experimenter's forum fusor.net, but I have not yet built a fusor.

Todd M.

Likes berkeman
Physics news on Phys.org
Welcome to the forum, Todd. As you've probably already figured out, this is a GREAT forum for getting help learning science. Good idea to read the rules since this is one of those forums where they actually are taken seriously.

:welcome:
Todd Masssure said:
I'm very interested in physics and engineering--specifically particle physics, waves, fields (elect./magnetic/gravity), and nuclear fusion
Truly, those are some of the most interesting branches of Physics. In this forum, you should have a look at:

1. The main forums, that you see in the first page.
2. Insights Blog, available at the top row (header section). In short, they have been described as a "wonder of the web". It contains articles that help in learning topics to a great extent.
3. The Videos, also available in the header section. The media gallery now has some great videos in almost every aspect in science, and they provide an audio-visual learning experience.

The last two should be interesting for you. Check out the Particle and Engineering sections in the media gallery. Also pay a visit to the Experiments category.

Enjoy your time here.

With regards,
Wrichik.